Evodiamine, CAS# 518-17-2, is a alkaloid manufactured through extraction from tetradium genus of plants, available as White to light yellow powder. Evodiamine is widely used as nutritional supplements. It is widely accepted as safe food additive in many countries.
No significant side effects reported.
As Evodiamine is widely known as safe, there is no limit on dosage of intake. However, we still recommend consumers to consult professionals before using large quantity of Evodiamine for long period.
Special groups refer to newborns, children, pregnant and any other applicable vulnerable groups.
There is no evidence that Evodiamine could have any negative effects on these vulnerable groups. It should be safe to use Evodiamine in food for newborns and pregnant. However, we still recommend consumers to consult professionals before using large quantity of Evodiamine for long period in food for newborns or pregnant.
Generally recognized as safe(GRAS) is a FDA designation that a specific substance or ingredient is generally considered safe by experts, and so is exempted from the usual Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA) food additive tolerance requirements. Evodiamine is considered safe by FDA according to existing data and granted GRAS status.
No breaking news or public health crises reported about Evodiamine reported up to now.
* Want to report news about this ingredient, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your knowledge can help us to uncover more truthes about food ingredients to customers.
1. Development and validation of an UPLC-ESI-MS/MS method for determination of dehydroevodiamine, limonin, evodiamine, and rutaecarpine in Evodiae Fructus. [Pharmacogn Mag. 2014 Jul]
Author: Zhao Y, Zhao Y, Zhou X, Gong X.
2. Characteristics of evodiamine-exerted stimulatory effects on rat jejunal contractility. [Nat Prod Res. 2014 Aug 12]
Author: Xiong YJ, Chen DP, Peng JY, Wang JY, Lv BC, Liu FF, Lin Y.
3. [Inhibitory effect of norcantharidin combined with evodiamine on the growth of human hepatic carcinoma cell line HepG2 in vitro]. [Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2014 Aug]
Author: Liu Y, Zahng J, You Z, Liao H.
4. Evodiamine activates AMPK and promotes adiponectin multimerization in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. [J Asian Nat Prod Res. 2014 Aug 1]
Author: Liu LH, Xie JY, Guo WW, Wu GY, Chen ZF, Yi JY, Zhang L, Zhang ZJ, Li Z.