> Caffeine Anhydrous MSDS
Caffeine Anhydrous MSDS
Caffeine Anhydrous MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Caffeine Anhydrous
- 1.2. Description: Caffeine Anhydrous is a plant extraction manufactured through chemical synthesis.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: C8H10N4O2
- 1.4. Molecular weight: 194.19
- 1.5. CAS #: 5743-12-4
- 1.6. EINECS #: 200-362-1
- 1.7. Manufactured by: Foodchem International Corporation, Shanghai China.
- 1.8. Supplied by: Foodchem International Corporation, Shanghai China.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as additive
- 2.1. Caffeine Anhydrous: 98.5-101.0%
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Sulfate ≤500PPM, Heavy Metals(Pb) ≤0.001%
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Powder
- 3.2. Appearance: White or almost white, crystalline powder (BP/EP) or silky, white or almost white, crystals
- 3.3. Odor: Odorless
- 3.4. pH: 6.9
- 3.5. Melting point/range: 234.0-239.0°C
- 3.6. Boiling point: 178 °C (sublimes)
- 3.7. Bulk density: 1.23 g/cm3
- 3.8. Solubility: Moderately soluble in water at room temperature (2 g/100 mL), very soluble in boiling water (66 g/100 mL).
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 48 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: Carbon oxides (CO, CO2), nitrogen oxides (NO, NO2...)
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: Strong oxidizing agents.
- 5.1. Storage: kept in dry, cool, and shaded place with original packaging, avoid moisture.
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Keep away from heat. Keep away from sources of ignition. Empty containers pose a fire risk, evaporate the residue under a fume hood. Ground all equipment containing material. Do not ingest. Do not breathe dust.
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Safety shower and eye bath. Provide exhaust ventilation or other engineering controls to keep the airborne concentrations below their respective threshold limit value.
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Caffeine Anhydrous need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Caffeine Anhydrous is Hazardous in case of inhalation, skin contact, ingestion or eye contact. Severe over-exposure can result in death.
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause eye irritation.
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause skin irritation.
- 7.4. Ingestion: May cause irritation of the digestive tract.
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause respiratory tract irritation.
- 7.6. Other: Severe over-exposure to Caffeine Anhydrous can result in death.
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash the affected area with water, remove contaminated clothing and launder before re-use. Seek medical advice if irritation develops or persists.
- 8.3. Ingestion: Rinse mouth thoroughly with water and drink water afterwards.
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure, move to fresh air and seek medical advice immediately.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: May be combustible at high temperature.
- 9.2. Flash point: Not available
- 9.3. Ignition control: Avoid ignition sources where Caffeine Anhydrous dust might be generated
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Water spray, dry chemical or carbon dioxide
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Caffeine Anhydrous is fully biodegradable and the products of degradation are not toxic.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. This Safety Data Sheet of Caffeine Anhydrous is based upon a limited review of Foodchem Internation Corporation files and standard Toxicological handbooks. We make no warranty of merchantability or any other warranty, express or implied, with respect to such information, and we assume no liability resulting from its use. Users should make their own investigations to determine the suitability of the information for their particular purposes. In no event shall Foodchem International Corporation be liable for any claims, losses, or damages of any third party or for lost profits or any special, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages, howsoever arising, even if Foodchem International Corporation has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Copyright@2003-2017 All rights reserved Foodchem International Corporation