> Agar Agar MSDS
Agar Agar MSDS
Agar Agar MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Agar Agar
- 1.2. Description: Agar Agar is a gelatinous substance manufactured through plant extraction.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: Not Applicable
- 1.4. Molecular weight: Not Applicable
- 1.5. CAS #: 9002-18-0
- 1.6. EINECS #: 232-658-1
- 1.7. Manufactured by: Foodchem International Corporation, Shanghai China.
- 1.8. Supplied by: Foodchem International Corporation, Shanghai China.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as Thickeners
- 2.1. Agar Agar: 100%
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Negative
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Powder
- 3.2. Appearance: MILKY OR YELLOWISH FINE POWDER
- 3.3. Odor: Odorless
- 3.4. pH: 6.0-8.0
- 3.5. Melting point/range: Not applicable
- 3.6. Boiling point: Not applicable
- 3.7. Bulk density: Not applicable
- 3.8. Solubility: Insoluble in cold water
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 24 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: Not Applicable
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: Not Applicable
- 5.1. Storage: kept in tightly closed container in a cool, well-ventilated area.
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Keep away from heat. Keep away from sources of ignition. Empty containers pose a fire risk, evaporate the residue under a fume hood.
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Use process enclosures, local exhaust ventilation, or other engineering controls to keep airborne levels below recommended exposure limits.
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: Dust respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Agar Agar need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Agar Agar is Slightly hazardous in case of eye contact, ingestion or inhalation
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause eye irritation
- 7.3. Contact with skin: Low hazard for usual industrial handling.
- 7.4. Ingestion: No hazard expected in normal industrial handling
- 7.5. Inhalation: Agar Agar is toxic to lungs. Repeated or prolonged exposure can produce target organs damage.
- 7.6. Other: Not applicable
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes and seek medical adivce
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash with plenty of water and seek medical advice if irritation develops.
- 8.3. Ingestion: Seek medical aid if irritation occurs.
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure, move to fresh air and seek medical advice if having breathing difficulty
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: May be combustible at high temperature.
- 9.2. Flash point: Not applicable
- 9.3. Ignition control: Not Applicable
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: DRY chemical powder, water spray, carbon dioxide or chemical foam
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Sweep or Vacuum up
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Agar Agar is fully biodegradable and the products of degradation are non-toxic.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. This Safety Data Sheet of Agar Agar is based upon a limited review of Foodchem Internation Corporation files and standard Toxicological handbooks. We make no warranty of merchantability or any other warranty, express or implied, with respect to such information, and we assume no liability resulting from its use. Users should make their own investigations to determine the suitability of the information for their particular purposes. In no event shall Foodchem International Corporation be liable for any claims, losses, or damages of any third party or for lost profits or any special, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages, howsoever arising, even if Foodchem International Corporation has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Copyright@2003-2017 All rights reserved Foodchem International Corporation