> Konjac Gum MSDS
Konjac Gum MSDS
Konjac Gum MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Konjac Gum
- 1.2. Description: Konjac Gum is a polysaccharide manufactured through plant extraction.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: Not Applicable
- 1.4. Molecular weight: Not Applicable
- 1.5. CAS #: 37220-17-0
- 1.6. EINECS #: 253-404-6
- 1.7. Manufactured by: Foodchem International Corporation, Shanghai China.
- 1.8. Supplied by: Foodchem International Corporation, Shanghai China.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as Thickeners
- 2.1. Konjac Gum: ≥ 90% (Konjac Glucomannan)
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Negative
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Powder
- 3.2. Appearance: White or light yellow fine powder
- 3.3. Odor: Slight marine odor
- 3.4. pH: 5.0- 7.0
- 3.5. Melting point/range: Not applicable
- 3.6. Boiling point: Not applicable
- 3.7. Bulk density: 1.5 g/cm3
- 3.8. Solubility: 5% by weight
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 24 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: Thermal decomposition may produce carbon monoxide and dioxide
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: Strong oxidizers
- 5.1. Storage: stored in tightly closed container. keep container in a cool, well-ventilated area.
- 5.2. Handling precaution: In case of insuficent ventilaon, wear suitable rspiratory equipment if release of airbone dust is expectd. Avoid dust formation. Avoid breathing dust.
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Use with local exhaust ventilaon.
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Konjac Gum need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Konjac Gum is not classified as a Dangerous Substance
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause irritation
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause irritation, very low chance for usual industrial handling
- 7.4. Ingestion: May cause digestive tract irritation.
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause respiratory tract irritation
- 7.6. Other: Not applicable
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash the affected area with water, remove contaminated clothing and launder before re-use. Seek medical advice if irritation develops or persists.
- 8.3. Ingestion: Rinse mouth thoroughly with water and drink water afterwards.
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure, move to fresh air and seek medical advice immediately.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: Powderd konjac gum may form explosive dust-air mixtures.
- 9.2. Flash point: Not applicable
- 9.3. Ignition control: Avoid ignition sources where Konjac Gum dust might be generated
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or chemical foam
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Konjac gum is fully biodegradable.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. This Safety Data Sheet of Konjac Gum is based upon a limited review of Foodchem Internation Corporation files and standard Toxicological handbooks. We make no warranty of merchantability or any other warranty, express or implied, with respect to such information, and we assume no liability resulting from its use. Users should make their own investigations to determine the suitability of the information for their particular purposes. In no event shall Foodchem International Corporation be liable for any claims, losses, or damages of any third party or for lost profits or any special, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages, howsoever arising, even if Foodchem International Corporation has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Copyright@2003-2015 All rights reserved Foodchem International Corporation