> Maltodextrin MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Maltodextrin
- 1.2. Description: Maltodextrin is a polysaccharide manufactured through chemical synthesis of starch.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: C6nH(10n+2)O(5n+1)
- 1.4. Molecular weight: Not Applicable
- 1.5. CAS #: 9050-36-6
- 1.6. EINECS #: 232-940-4
- 1.7. Manufactured by: Foodchem International Corporation, Shanghai China.
- 1.8. Supplied by: Foodchem International Corporation, Shanghai China.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as Sweeteners
- 2.1. Maltodextrin: 100%
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Negative
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Powder
- 3.2. Appearance: White or light yellow powder
- 3.3. Odor: Odorless
- 3.4. pH: 4.0-6.0
- 3.5. Melting point/range: Not applicable
- 3.6. Boiling point: Not applicable
- 3.7. Bulk density: Not applicable
- 3.8. Solubility: 95% by weight
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 24 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: Thermal decomposition may produce carbon monoxide and dioxide
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: Strong oxidizers
- 5.1. Storage: kept in dry, cool, and shaded place with original packaging, avoid moisture, store at room temperature.
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Avoid handling which leads to dust formation. In common with many organic chemicals, may form flammable dust clouds in air. Avoid skin and eye contact and breathing in dust.
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Ensure ventilation is adequate to maintain air concentrations below Workplace Exposure Standards. Avoid generating and breathing in dusts. Use with local exhaust ventilation or while wearing dust mask. Keep containers closed when not in use.
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Maltodextrin need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Maltodextrin is NON-HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause irritation
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause irritation, very low chance for usual industrial handling
- 7.4. Ingestion: No adverse effects expected, however, large amounts may cause nausea and vomiting.
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause respiratory tract irritation
- 7.6. Other: Not applicable
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash the affected area with water, remove contaminated clothing and launder before re-use. Seek medical advice if irritation develops or persists.
- 8.3. Ingestion: Rinse mouth thoroughly with water and drink water afterwards.
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure, move to fresh air and seek medical advice immediately.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: May be combustible at high temperature.
- 9.2. Flash point: Not applicable
- 9.3. Ignition control: Avoid ignition sources where Maltodextrin dust might be generated
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or chemical foam
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Maltodextrin is fully biodegradable and the products of degradation are more toxic.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. This Safety Data Sheet of Maltodextrin is based upon a limited review of Foodchem Internation Corporation files and standard Toxicological handbooks. We make no warranty of merchantability or any other warranty, express or implied, with respect to such information, and we assume no liability resulting from its use. Users should make their own investigations to determine the suitability of the information for their particular purposes. In no event shall Foodchem International Corporation be liable for any claims, losses, or damages of any third party or for lost profits or any special, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages, howsoever arising, even if Foodchem International Corporation has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Copyright@2003-2017 All rights reserved Foodchem International Corporation