Applications and Uses of Casein
by Shawn 2014-10-30
Casein is a family of related phosphoproteins widely used as nutritional supplements in food and beverage. As a nutritional supplements, Casein can be used in a wide variety of industries including: food production, beverage, pharmaceutical, and various other industries.
Casein in Food Production
Casein is widely used as nutritional suppliments, thickener, emulsifier and texture stabilizer in food production.
- As emulsifier, nutritional suppliments: in meat products to emulsify fat and provide nutrition.
- As thickener, texture stabilizer and emulsifier: in baked food and dairy products to improve mouthfeel and extend shelf life.
Casein in Beverage
Casein is widely used as nutritional suppliments, thickener, emulsifier and texture stabilizer in beverage.
- As nutritional suppliments, thickener, emulsifier and texture stabilizer: in solid milk drinks to enhance nutrition.
Casein in Pharmaceutical
Casein is widely used as intermediate in Pharmaceutical.
- As intermediate: in manufacturing of Lowering blood pressure and lowering blood sugar.
Casein in Cosmetics
Not enough is known about application of Casein in Cosmetics.
Casein in Agriculture/Animal Feed
Not enough is known about application of Casein in Agriculture/Animal Feed.
Casein in Other Industries
Casein is widely used as Adhesive agent, colorant in various other industries.
- As Adhesive agent, colorant: in paint industries, leather industries and papermaking industries.
This application file is based on limited review of Foodchem International Corporation. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about Casein or want to report new applications of Casein to us.