Higenamine HCL, CAS# 11041-94-4, is a chemical compound manufactured through chemical synthesis, available as Off-white powder. Higenamine Hcl is widely used as nutritional supplement. It is widely accepted as safe food additive in many countries.
As Higenamine HCL is widely known as safe, there is no limit on dosage of intake. However, we still recommend consumers to consult professionals before using large quantity of Higenamine HCL for long period.
Special groups refer to newborns, children, pregnant and any other applicable vulnerable groups.
There is no evidence that Higenamine HCL could have any negative effects on these vulnerable groups. It should be safe to use Higenamine HCL in food for newborns and pregnant. However, we still recommend consumers to consult professionals before using large quantity of Higenamine HCL for long period in food for newborns or pregnant.
Generally recognized as safe(GRAS) is a FDA designation that a specific substance or ingredient is generally considered safe by experts, and so is exempted from the usual Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA) food additive tolerance requirements. Higenamine HCL is considered safe by FDA according to existing data and granted GRAS status.
No breaking news or public health crises reported about Higenamine HCL reported up to now.
* Want to report news about this ingredient, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your knowledge can help us to uncover more truthes about food ingredients to customers.
1. A phase I study on pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of higenamine in healthy Chinese subjects. [Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2012 Nov]
Author: Feng S, Jiang J, Hu P, Zhang JY, Liu T, Zhao Q, Li BL.
2. Higenamine reduces HMGB1 during hypoxia-induced brain injury by induction of heme oxygenase-1 through PI3K/Akt/Nrf-2 signal pathways. [Apoptosis. 2012 May]
Author: Ha YM, Kim MY, Park MK, Lee YS, Kim YM, Kim HJ, Lee JH, Chang KC.
3. The relaxation effect and mechanism of action of higenamine in the rat corpus cavernosum. [Int J Impot Res. 2012 Mar-Apr]
Author: Kam SC, Do JM, Choi JH, Jeon BT, Roh GS, Chang KC, Hyun JS.
4. Determination of higenamine in human plasma and urine using liquid chromatography coupled to positive electrospray ionization tandem mass spectrometry. [J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2011 Apr 1]
Author: Feng S, Hu P, Jiang J.