> Textured Soy Protein MSDS
Textured Soy Protein MSDS
Textured Soy Protein MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Textured Soy Protein
- 1.2. Description: Textured Soy Protein is a protein manufactured through soybean extraction.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: Not Applicable
- 1.4. Molecular weight: Not Applicable
- 1.5. CAS #: 9010-10-0
- 1.6. EINECS #: 232-720-8
- 1.7. Manufactured by: Foodchem International Corporation, Shanghai China.
- 1.8. Supplied by: Foodchem International Corporation, Shanghai China.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as Nutrition supplements
- 2.1. Textured Soy Protein: 50%
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Negative
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Powder
- 3.2. Appearance: yellow or milk white powder
- 3.3. Odor: None
- 3.4. pH: 6.0 - 7.4
- 3.5. Melting point/range: Not applicable
- 3.6. Boiling point: Not applicable
- 3.7. Bulk density: Not applicable
- 3.8. Solubility: Not applicable
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 24 month period (Must be stored under typical conditions of 75°F and 60% relative humidity)
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: Not Applicable
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Not Applicable
- 4.5. Incompatible with: Acids, oxidizers, corrosives and poisonous substance
- 5.1. Storage: stored in a cool, dry, ventilated area away from sources of heat, moisture and incompatibilities. avoid dust formation and control ignition sources.
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Avoid breathing dust; use in an area with adequate ventilation.
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Use adequate ventilation to keep airborne concentrations low
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Not applicable
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Textured Soy Protein need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Textured Soy Protein is not classified as a Dangerous Substance
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause irritation
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause irritation, very low chance for usual industrial handling
- 7.4. Ingestion: No hazard expected in normal industrial handling
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause respiratory tract irritation
- 7.6. Other: Avoid build up of dust particles. Possibility of dust explosion.
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Not applicable
- 8.3. Ingestion: No specific treatment is necessary
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure, move to fresh air and seek medical advice immediately
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: Build up of textured soy protein dust may cause dust explosion
- 9.2. Flash point: Not applicable
- 9.3. Ignition control: Avoid ignition sources where textured soy protein dust might be generated
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Sand, Dry Chemical, Water through fogging to limit dusting
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Recover product by vacuum or broom and shovel. Flush area with water to remove final traces.
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Textured soy protein is fully biodegradable.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. This Safety Data Sheet of Textured Soy Protein is based upon a limited review of Foodchem Internation Corporation files and standard Toxicological handbooks. We make no warranty of merchantability or any other warranty, express or implied, with respect to such information, and we assume no liability resulting from its use. Users should make their own investigations to determine the suitability of the information for their particular purposes. In no event shall Foodchem International Corporation be liable for any claims, losses, or damages of any third party or for lost profits or any special, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages, howsoever arising, even if Foodchem International Corporation has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Copyright@2003-2017 All rights reserved Foodchem International Corporation