> Concentrated Soy Protein MSDS
Concentrated Soy Protein MSDS
Concentrated Soy Protein MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Concentrated Soy Protein
- 1.2. Description: Concentrated Soy Protein is a protein manufactured through soybean extraction.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: Not Applicable
- 1.4. Molecular weight: Not Applicable
- 1.5. CAS #: 9010-10-0
- 1.6. EINECS #: 232-720-8
- 1.7. Manufactured by: Foodchem International Corporation, Shanghai China.
- 1.8. Supplied by: Foodchem International Corporation, Shanghai China.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as Nutrition supplements
- 2.1. Concentrated Soy Protein: ≥68.00%
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Negative
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Powder
- 3.2. Appearance: yellow or milk white powder
- 3.3. Odor: Soy Beany note
- 3.4. pH: 6.0 – 7.4
- 3.5. Melting point/range: Not applicable
- 3.6. Boiling point: Not applicable
- 3.7. Bulk density: Not applicable
- 3.8. Solubility: Soluble
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 24 months period (kept under cool, dry conditions)
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: Not Applicable
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Not Applicable
- 4.5. Incompatible with: Acids
- 5.1. Storage: stored in a cool, dry, ventilated area away from sources of heat, moisture and incompatibilities. avoid dust formation and control ignition sources.
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Avoid breathing dust; use in an area with adequate ventilation. Avoid contact with skin, eyes or clothing. Wash thoroughly after handling.
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Use adequate ventilation to keep airborne concentrations low
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Not required
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Concentrated Soy Protein need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Concentrated Soy Protein is not classified as a Dangerous Substance within the definitions of EC Directive 67/584
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause slight eye irritation
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause irritation, very low chance for usual industrial handling
- 7.4. Ingestion: No hazard expected in normal industrial handling
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause respiratory tract irritation
- 7.6. Other: Avoid open flames or other ignition sources
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash with plenty of water
- 8.3. Ingestion: No specific treatment is necessary
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure, move to fresh air and seek medical advice immediately
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: Build up of Concentrated soy protein dust may cause dust explosion
- 9.2. Flash point: Not applicable
- 9.3. Ignition control: Avoid ignition sources where a Concentrated Soy Protein dust might be generated.
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Water, carbon dioxide, or powder extinguisher may be used.
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Spillages of Concentrated Soy Protein and its solutions should be contained and collected on absorbent material. Thoroughly wash affected area.
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Concentrated soy protein is fully biodegradable.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. This Safety Data Sheet of Concentrated Soy Protein is based upon a limited review of Foodchem Internation Corporation files and standard Toxicological handbooks. We make no warranty of merchantability or any other warranty, express or implied, with respect to such information, and we assume no liability resulting from its use. Users should make their own investigations to determine the suitability of the information for their particular purposes. In no event shall Foodchem International Corporation be liable for any claims, losses, or damages of any third party or for lost profits or any special, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages, howsoever arising, even if Foodchem International Corporation has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Copyright@2003-2017 All rights reserved Foodchem International Corporation