> Soy Dietary Fiber MSDS
Soy Dietary Fiber MSDS
Soy Dietary Fiber MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Soy Dietary Fiber
- 1.2. Description: Soy Dietary Fiber is a vegetable fiber manufactured through soybean extraction.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: Not Applicable
- 1.4. Molecular weight: Not Applicable
- 1.5. CAS #: 68513-95-1
- 1.6. EINECS #: Not Applicable
- 1.7. Manufactured by: Foodchem International Corporation, Shanghai China.
- 1.8. Supplied by: Foodchem International Corporation, Shanghai China.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as Nutrition supplements
- 2.1. Soy Dietary Fiber: Protein 26.8%, Diatary Fiber 65.2%
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Negative
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Powder
- 3.2. Appearance: light yellow or milk white powder
- 3.3. Odor: Neutral
- 3.4. pH: 6.5 – 7.5
- 3.5. Melting point/range: Not applicable
- 3.6. Boiling point: Not applicable
- 3.7. Bulk density: 2.1 g/cm3
- 3.8. Solubility: Insoluble
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under ordinary conditions of use and storage.
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 12 month period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: Not Applicable
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: Not Applicable
- 5.1. Storage: stored in a cool, dry, ventilated area away from sources of heat, moisture and incompatibilities. avoid dust formation and control ignition sources.
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Use local exhaust or general dilution ventilation to control exposure to dust.
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Use local exhaust or general dilution ventilation to control exposure to dust.
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Use chemical safety goggles. Maintain eye wash fountain and quick-drench
facilities in work area.
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear protective gloves and clean body-covering clothing.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Soy Dietary Fiber need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Soy Dietary Fiber is considered non-hazardous by the criteria specified in 29 CFR 1910.12.00
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause slight eye irritation
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause slight skin irritation
- 7.4. Ingestion: An allergic reaction may occur in specific group of individuals
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause slight respiratory tract irritation
- 7.6. Other: Avoid build up of dust particles. Possibility of dust explosion.
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Not expected to require first aid measures. Wash thoroughly with running water
including under eyelids. Get medical advice if irritation develops.
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Not expected to require first aid measures. Wash exposed area with soap and water. Get medical advice if irritation develops.
- 8.3. Ingestion: Not expected to require first aid measures.
- 8.4. Inhalation: Not expected to require first aid measures. Treat symptoms and provide fresh
air. Get medical advice if irritation develops
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: Slightly flammable to flammable in the presence of open flames and sparks
- 9.2. Flash point: Not applicable
- 9.3. Ignition control: Avoid ignition sources where soy dietary fiber dust might be generated
- 9.4. Dust control: Use local exhaust or general dilution ventilation to control exposure to dust.
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Sand, Dry Chemical, Water through fogging to limit dusting
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Sweep up the spilled material and dispose of in accordance with the waste disposal method
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Soy dietary fiber is fully biodegradable.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. This Safety Data Sheet of Soy Dietary Fiber is based upon a limited review of Foodchem Internation Corporation files and standard Toxicological handbooks. We make no warranty of merchantability or any other warranty, express or implied, with respect to such information, and we assume no liability resulting from its use. Users should make their own investigations to determine the suitability of the information for their particular purposes. In no event shall Foodchem International Corporation be liable for any claims, losses, or damages of any third party or for lost profits or any special, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages, howsoever arising, even if Foodchem International Corporation has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Copyright@2003-2017 All rights reserved Foodchem International Corporation