Applications and Uses of Pectin
by Shawn 2014-10-29
Pectin is a structural heteropolysaccharide widely used as emulsifiers in food and beverage. As a emulsifiers, Pectin can be used in a wide variety of industries including: food production, beverage, pharmaceutical, cosmetics, and various other industries.
Pectin in Food Production
Pectin is widely used as Stabilizers, flowability, gelling agents and emulsifiers in food production.
- As emulsifiers, Stabilizers: in dairy and baked sandwich material to prevent protein from aggregation and dehydration.
- As flowability and gelling agents: in candy, jams and jellies to maintain flavor and reduce absorbent.
Pectin in Beverage
Pectin is widely used as Stabilizer, thickener, emulsifiers in beverage.
- As Stabilizer, emulsifiers: in fermented milk drink to prevent protein from aggregation and dehydration.
- As thickener: in juice and soft drinks to improve flavor.
Pectin in Pharmaceutical
Pectin is widely used as intermediate, nutritional therapy in Pharmaceutical.
- As active ingredient: in throat Analgesic and cough medicine to treat sore throat.
- As nutritional therapy: in wound dressings to accelerate wound healing.
Pectin in Cosmetics
Pectin is widely used as Skin Care in Cosmetics.
- As Skin Care: in skin product to Protect the skin against UV radiation and cure wounds.
Pectin in Agriculture/Animal Feed
Not enough is known about application of Pectin in Agriculture/Animal Feed.
Pectin in Other Industries
Pectin is widely used as intermediate in various other industries.
- As intermediate: in manufacturing of various organic chemicals.
This application file is based on limited review of Foodchem International Corporation. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about Pectin or want to report new applications of Pectin to us.