Chamomile Extract, CAS# 84649-86-5, is a Plant extracts manufactured through plant extraction, available as Light Yellow Powder. Chamomile Extract is widely used as nutrition supplements. It is widely accepted as safe food additive in many countries.
No significant side effects reported.
As Chamomile Extract is widely known as safe, there is no limit on dosage of intake. However, we still recommend consumers to consult professionals before using large quantity of Chamomile Extract for long period.
Special groups refer to newborns, children, pregnant and any other applicable vulnerable groups.
There is no evidence that Chamomile Extract could have any negative effects on these vulnerable groups. It should be safe to use Chamomile Extract in food for newborns and pregnant. However, we still recommend consumers to consult professionals before using large quantity of Chamomile Extract for long period in food for newborns or pregnant.
Though Chamomile Extract is not on FDA's GRAS exemption list, it's still widely accepted as safe food additive in many countries including USA with specific limit on dosage.
No health issues about Chamomile Extract reported up to now.
1. Comparison of the effects of Matricaria chamomila (Chamomile) extract and mefenamic acid on the intensity of premenstrual syndrome. [Complement Ther Clin Pract. 2014 Feb]
Author: Sharifi F, Simbar M, Mojab F, Majd HA.
2. Bisabololoxide A, one of the constituents in German chamomile extract, attenuates cell death induced by calcium overload. [Phytother Res. 2014 May]
Author: Fukunaga E, Hirao Y, Ogata-Ikeda I, Nishimura Y, Seo H, Oyama Y.
3. Preliminary examination of the efficacy and safety of a standardized chamomile extract for chronic primary insomnia: a randomized placebo-controlled pilot study. [BMC Complement Altern Med. 2011 Sep 22]
Author: Zick SM, Wright BD, Sen A, Arnedt JT.
4. Effects of chamomile extract on biochemical and clinical parameters in a rat model of polycystic ovary syndrome. [J Reprod Infertil. 2010 Oct]
Author: Farideh ZZ, Bagher M, Ashraf A, Akram A, Kazem M.
5. Antiproliferative and apoptotic effects of chamomile extract in various human cancer cells. [J Agric Food Chem. 2007 Nov 14]
Author: Srivastava JK, Gupta S.