Tribulus Terrestris Extract, CAS# 90131-68-3, is a Plant extracts manufactured through plant extraction, available as brown fine powder. Tribulus Terrestris Extract is widely used as nutrition supplements. It is widely accepted as safe food additive in many countries.
No significant side effects reported.
As Tribulus terrestris Extract is widely known as safe, there is no limit on dosage of intake. However, we still recommend consumers to consult professionals before using large quantity of Tribulus terrestris Extract for long period.
Special groups refer to newborns, children, pregnant and any other applicable vulnerable groups.
There is no evidence that Tribulus terrestris Extract could have any negative effects on these vulnerable groups. It should be safe to use Tribulus terrestris Extract in food for newborns and pregnant. However, we still recommend consumers to consult professionals before using large quantity of Tribulus terrestris Extract for long period in food for newborns or pregnant.
Though Tribulus terrestris Extract is not on FDA's GRAS exemption list, it's still widely accepted as safe food additive in many countries including USA with specific limit on dosage.
No health issues about Tribulus terrestris Extract reported up to now.
1. Clinical Assessment of Tribulus terrestris Extract in the Treatment of Female Sexual Dysfunction. [Clin Med Insights Womens Health. 2014 Dec 22]
Author: Gama CR, Lasmar R, Gama GF, Abreu CS, Nunes CP, Geller M, Oliveira L, Santos A.
2. Effects and Mechanism of Action of a Tribulus terrestris Extract on Penile Erection. [Korean J Urol. 2013 Mar]
Author: Do J, Choi S, Choi J, Hyun JS.
3. Hepatoprotective activity of Tribulus terrestris extract against acetaminophen-induced toxicity in a freshwater fish (Oreochromis mossambicus) [In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim. 2011 Dec]
Author: Kavitha P, Ramesh R, Bupesh G, Stalin A, Subramanian P.
4. Alternative treatment of ovarian cysts with Tribulus terrestris extract: a rat model. [Reprod Domest Anim. 2012 Feb]
Author: Dehghan A, Esfandiari A, Bigdeli SM.
5. The influence of the Tribulus terrestris extract on the parameters of the functional preparedness and athletes' organism homeostasis. [Fiziol Zh. 2009]
Author: Milasius K, Dadeliene R, Skernevicius J.