Sophora Japonica Extract, CAS# 482-35-9, is a Plant extracts manufactured through plant extraction, available as Crystalline Powder. Sophora Japonica Extract is widely used as nutrition supplements. It is widely accepted as safe food additive in many countries.
As Sophora Japonica Extract is widely known as safe, there is no limit on dosage of intake. However, we still recommend consumers to consult professionals before using large quantity of Sophora Japonica Extract for long period.
Special groups refer to newborns, children, pregnant and any other applicable vulnerable groups.
There is no evidence that Sophora Japonica Extract could have any negative effects on these vulnerable groups. It should be safe to use Sophora Japonica Extract in food for newborns and pregnant. However, we still recommend consumers to consult professionals before using large quantity of Sophora Japonica Extract for long period in food for newborns or pregnant.
Though Sophora Japonica Extract is not on FDA's GRAS exemption list, it's still widely accepted as safe food additive in many countries including USA with specific limit on dosage.
No health issues about Sophora Japonica Extract reported up to now.
1. Isolation of antiosteoporotic compounds from seeds of Sophora japonica. [PLoS One. 2014 Jun 3]
Author: Abdallah HM, Al-Abd AM, Asaad GF, Abdel-Naim AB, El-halawany AM.
2. De novo assembly and characterization of Sophora japonica transcriptome using RNA-seq. [Biomed Res Int. 2014;2014]
Author: Zhu L, Zhang Y, Guo W, Xu XJ, Wang Q.
3. Dichloromethane extracts of Sophora japonica L. stimulate osteoblast differentiation in mesenchymal stem cells. [Nutr Res. 2013 Dec]
Author: Yoon HJ, Seo CR, Kim M, Kim YJ, Song NJ, Jang WS, Kim BJ, Lee J, Hong JW, Nho CW, Park KW.
4. Japonicasins A and B, two new isoprenylated flavanones from Sophora japonica. [Fitoterapia. 2013 Jun]
Author: Zhang LB, Lv JL, Chen HL.
5. Sophoricoside isolated from Sophora japonica ameliorates contact dermatitis by inhibiting NF-κB signaling in B cells. [Int Immunopharmacol. 2013 Mar]
Author: Lee HK, Kim HS, Kim YJ, Kim JS, Park YS, Kang JS, Yuk DY, Hong JT, Kim Y, Han SB.