Rosemary Extract, CAS# 84604-14-8, is a Plant extracts manufactured through plant extraction, available as light yellow fine powder. Rosemary Extract is widely used as nutrition supplements. It is widely accepted as safe food additive in many countries.
As Rosemary Extract is widely known as safe, there is no limit on dosage of intake. However, we still recommend consumers to consult professionals before using large quantity of Rosemary Extract for long period.
Special groups refer to newborns, children, pregnant and any other applicable vulnerable groups.
There is no evidence that Rosemary Extract could have any negative effects on these vulnerable groups. It should be safe to use Rosemary Extract in food for newborns and pregnant. However, we still recommend consumers to consult professionals before using large quantity of Rosemary Extract for long period in food for newborns or pregnant.
Though Rosemary Extract is not on FDA's GRAS exemption list, it's still widely accepted as safe food additive in many countries including USA with specific limit on dosage.
No health issues about Rosemary Extract reported up to now.
1. Influence of droplet size on the antioxidant activity of rosemary extract loaded oil-in-water emulsions in mixed systems. [Food Funct. 2015 Jan 14]
Author: Erdmann ME, Zeeb B, Salminen H, Gibis M, Lautenschlaeger R, Weiss J.
2. Impact of cooked functional meat enriched with omega-3 fatty acids and rosemary extract on inflammatory and oxidative status; a randomised, double-blind, crossover study. [Nutr Hosp. 2014 Nov 1]
Author: Bermejo LM, López-Plaza B, Weber TK, Palma-Milla S, Iglesias C, Reglero G, Gómez-Candela C.
3. A rosemary extract rich in carnosic acid selectively modulates caecum microbiota and inhibits β-glucosidase activity, altering fiber and short chain fatty acids fecal excretion in lean and obese female rats. [PLoS One. 2014 Apr 14]
Author: Romo-Vaquero M, Selma MV, Larrosa M, Obiol M, García-Villalba R, González-Barrio R, Issaly N, Flanagan J, Roller M, Tomás-Barberán FA, García-Conesa MT.
4. Modulation of estrogen and epidermal growth factor receptors by rosemary extract in breast cancer cells. [Electrophoresis. 2014 Jun]
Author: González-Vallinas M, Molina S, Vicente G, Sánchez-Martínez R, Vargas T, García-Risco MR, Fornari T, Reglero G, Ramírez de Molina A.
5. A rosemary extract enriched in carnosic acid improves circulating adipocytokines and modulates key metabolic sensors in lean Zucker rats: Critical and contrasting differences in the obese genotype. [Mol Nutr Food Res. 2014 May]
Author: Romo-Vaquero M, Larrosa M, Yáñez-Gascón MJ, Issaly N, Flanagan J, Roller M, Tomás-Barberán FA, Espín JC, García-Conesa MT.