> Yeast Extract MSDS
Yeast Extract MSDS
Yeast Extract MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Yeast Extract
- 1.2. Description: Yeast Extract is a food additive manufactured through extraction from yeast.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: Not Applicable
- 1.4. Molecular weight: Not Applicable
- 1.5. CAS #: 8013-01-2
- 1.6. EINECS #: 232-387-9
- 1.7. Manufactured by: Foodchem International Corporation, Shanghai China.
- 1.8. Supplied by: Foodchem International Corporation, Shanghai China.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as flavour enhancer
- 2.1. Yeast Extract: Not Applicable
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Ammoniacal Nitrogen(As NH3) 0.3%, Sulfur Dioxide(as SO2) 0.025%, Total Nitrogen(as N) 1.2%, Total Sulfur(as S) 1.5%, 4-Methyl Imidazole 150mg/kg, Arsenic(As As) <1.0mg/kg, Lead (As Pb) <2.0mg/kg, Heavy Metals(As Pb) <25mg/kg, Mercury(As Hg) <0.1mg/kg
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Powder
- 3.2. Appearance: White-light yellow powder
- 3.3. Odor:
- 3.4. pH: 5.71, (2% solution)
- 3.5. Melting point/range: Decomposes
- 3.6. Boiling point: Not available
- 3.7. Bulk density: Not available
- 3.8. Solubility: Partly soluble in water
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 24 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: Carbon oxides (CO, CO2), nitrogen oxides (NO, NO2...)
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: Strong oxidizing agents
- 5.1. Storage: Store in a cool and dry place and Keep away from strong light and heat
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Wear personal protective equipment. Ensure adequate ventilation. Avoid dust formation
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Ensure adequate ventilation, especially in confined areas. Ensure that eyewash stations and safety showers are close to the workstation location.
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Yeast Extract need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Yeast Extract is Slightly hazardous in case of skin contact (irritant), of eye contact (irritant), of ingestion, of inhalation
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause eye irritation.
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause skin irritation.
- 7.4. Ingestion: May irritate the tissues of the mouth, esophagus, and other tissues of the digestive system
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause irritation to the respiratory tract and gastrointestinal
- 7.6. Other: Not Applicable
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash with soap and water. Cover the irritated skin with an emollient.Get medical attention if irritation develops
- 8.3. Ingestion: Do NOT induce vomiting.Never give anything by mouth. Loosen tight clothing such as a collar, tie, belt or waistband
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure, move to fresh air and seek medical advice immediately.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: May be combustible at high temperature.
- 9.2. Flash point: Not available
- 9.3. Ignition control: Avoid ignition sources where Yeast Extract dust might be generated.
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Water spray, dry chemical or carbon dioxide
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Yeast Extract is fully degradation biodegradable.The products of degradation are more toxic.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. This Safety Data Sheet of Yeast Extract is based upon a limited review of Foodchem Internation Corporation files and standard Toxicological handbooks. We make no warranty of merchantability or any other warranty, express or implied, with respect to such information, and we assume no liability resulting from its use. Users should make their own investigations to determine the suitability of the information for their particular purposes. In no event shall Foodchem International Corporation be liable for any claims, losses, or damages of any third party or for lost profits or any special, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages, howsoever arising, even if Foodchem International Corporation has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Copyright@2003-2017 All rights reserved Foodchem International Corporation