> Methyl Anthranilate MSDS
Methyl Anthranilate MSDS
Methyl Anthranilate MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Methyl Anthranilate
- 1.2. Description: Methyl Anthranilate is a ester of anthranilic acid manufactured through chemical synthesis.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: C8H9NO2
- 1.4. Molecular weight: 151.165
- 1.5. CAS #: 134-20-3
- 1.6. EINECS #: 205-132-4
- 1.7. Manufactured by: Foodchem International Corporation, Shanghai China.
- 1.8. Supplied by: Foodchem International Corporation, Shanghai China.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as flavour enhancer
- 2.1. Methyl Anthranilate: >99.69%
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Negative
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Powder
- 3.2. Appearance: clear to pale yellow liquid
- 3.3. Odor: Characteristic
- 3.4. pH: Not available
- 3.5. Melting point/range: 76.1 °F (24.5 °C)
- 3.6. Boiling point: 492.8 °F (256 °C)
- 3.7. Bulk density: 1.17 g/cm3
- 3.8. Solubility: Insoluble
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 24 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: Carbon oxides (CO, CO2), nitrogen oxides (NO, NO2...)
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: Peroxides. Phenols.
- 5.1. Storage: Store in a cool and dry place and Keep away from strong light and heat
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Do not handle or store near an open flame, heat or other sources of ignition. Take precautionary measures against static discharges. All equipment used when handling the product must begrounded. Avoid breathing vapor. Avoid prolonged exposure. Wash thoroughly after handling. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing.
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Use explosion-proof ventilation equipment to stay below exposure limits.
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Methyl Anthranilate need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Methyl Anthranilate is Slightly hazardous in case of skin contact (irritant), of eye contact (irritant), of ingestion, of inhalation
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: cause eye irritation.
- 7.3. Contact with skin: cause skin irritation.
- 7.4. Ingestion: May cause gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea
- 7.5. Inhalation: Causes respiratory tract irritation
- 7.6. Other: Not Applicable
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash with soap and water. Cover the irritated skin with an emollient.Get medical attention if irritation develops
- 8.3. Ingestion: Do NOT induce vomiting. If conscious and alert, rinse mouth and drink 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water.
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure, move to fresh air and seek medical advice immediately.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: May be combustible at high temperature.
- 9.2. Flash point: 104 deg C ( 219.20 deg F)
- 9.3. Ignition control: Avoid ignition sources where Methyl Anthranilate dust might be generated.(530 deg C )
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Water spray, dry chemical or carbon dioxide
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Absorb spill with inert material (e.g. vermiculite, sand or earth), then place in suitable container. Clean up spills immediately, observing precautions in the Protective Equipment section.
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Methyl Anthranilate is fully degradation biodegradable.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. This Safety Data Sheet of Methyl Anthranilate is based upon a limited review of Foodchem Internation Corporation files and standard Toxicological handbooks. We make no warranty of merchantability or any other warranty, express or implied, with respect to such information, and we assume no liability resulting from its use. Users should make their own investigations to determine the suitability of the information for their particular purposes. In no event shall Foodchem International Corporation be liable for any claims, losses, or damages of any third party or for lost profits or any special, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages, howsoever arising, even if Foodchem International Corporation has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Copyright@2003-2015 All rights reserved Foodchem International Corporation