> Ethyl Maltol MSDS
Ethyl Maltol MSDS
Ethyl Maltol MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Ethyl Maltol
- 1.2. Description: Ethyl Maltol is a common flavorant manufactured through chemical synthesis or fermentation.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: C7H8O3
- 1.4. Molecular weight: 140.14
- 1.5. CAS #: 4940-11-8
- 1.6. EINECS #: 225-582-5
- 1.7. Manufactured by: Foodchem International Corporation, Shanghai China.
- 1.8. Supplied by: Foodchem International Corporation, Shanghai China.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as flavour enhancer
- 2.1. Ethyl Maltol: >99.2%
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Heavy metals (as Pb) ≤ 10 PPM, Arsenic ≤ 1 PPM, Fe ≤ 1 PPM
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Powder
- 3.2. Appearance: fine powder
- 3.3. Odor: Caramel
- 3.4. pH: Not available
- 3.5. Melting point/range: 90°C (194°F)
- 3.6. Boiling point: 161 °C (322 °F; 434 K)
- 3.7. Bulk density: Not available
- 3.8. Solubility: Soluble in cold water
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 24 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: Carbon oxides (CO, CO2), nitrogen oxides (NO, NO2...)
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: Not available
- 5.1. Storage: Keep container dry. Keep in a cool place. Ground all equipment containing material. Keep container tightly closed. Keep in a cool, well-ventilated place. Combustible materials should be stored away from extreme heat and away from strong oxidizing agents
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Keep away from heat. Keep away from sources of ignition. Empty containers pose a fire risk, evaporate the residue under a fume hood. Ground all equipment containing material. Do not ingest. Do not breathe dust.
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Use process enclosures, local exhaust ventilation, or other engineering controls to keep airborne levels below recommended exposure limits. If user operations generate dust, fume or mist, use ventilation to keep exposure to airborne contaminants below the exposure limit
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Ethyl Maltol need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Ethyl Maltol is Hazardous in case of skin contact (irritant), of eye contact (irritant), of ingestion, of inhalation.
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause eye irritation.
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause skin irritation.
- 7.4. Ingestion: May irritate the tissues of the mouth, esophagus, and other tissues of the digestive system
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause irritation to the respiratory tract and gastrointestinal
- 7.6. Other: Not Applicable
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash with soap and water. Cover the irritated skin with an emollient.Get medical attention if irritation develops
- 8.3. Ingestion: Do NOT induce vomiting. If conscious and alert, rinse mouth and drink 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water.
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure, move to fresh air and seek medical advice immediately.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: May be combustible at high temperature.
- 9.2. Flash point: >110℃
- 9.3. Ignition control: Avoid ignition sources where Ethyl Maltol dust might be generated.
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Water spray, dry chemical or carbon dioxide
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Absorb spill with inert material (e.g. vermiculite, sand or earth), then place in suitable container. Clean up spills immediately, observing precautions in the Protective Equipment section.
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Ethyl Maltol is fully degradation biodegradable.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. This Safety Data Sheet of Ethyl Maltol is based upon a limited review of Foodchem Internation Corporation files and standard Toxicological handbooks. We make no warranty of merchantability or any other warranty, express or implied, with respect to such information, and we assume no liability resulting from its use. Users should make their own investigations to determine the suitability of the information for their particular purposes. In no event shall Foodchem International Corporation be liable for any claims, losses, or damages of any third party or for lost profits or any special, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages, howsoever arising, even if Foodchem International Corporation has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Copyright@2003-2015 All rights reserved Foodchem International Corporation