> Diammonium Phosphate MSDS
Diammonium Phosphate MSDS
Diammonium Phosphate MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Diammonium Phosphate
- 1.2. Description: Diammonium Phosphate is a inorganic compound manufactured through chemical synthesis.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: (NH4)2HPO4
- 1.4. Molecular weight: 132.07
- 1.5. CAS #: 7783-28-0
- 1.6. EINECS #: 235-712-2
- 1.7. Manufactured by: Foodchem International Corporation, Shanghai China.
- 1.8. Supplied by: Foodchem International Corporation, Shanghai China.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as food supplements
- 2.1. Diammonium Phosphate: ≥ 99.0%
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Negative
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Solid
- 3.2. Appearance: White Crystal
- 3.3. Odor: Ammonia-like odor
- 3.4. pH: 7.8-8.2
- 3.5. Melting point/range: 155 °C decomposes
- 3.6. Boiling point: Not applicable
- 3.7. Bulk density: 1.619 g/cm3
- 3.8. Solubility: 57.5 g/100 mL @ 10 °C
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 24 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: ammonia, phosphoric acid, oxides of nitrogen and oxides of phosphorus at high temperatures
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: Strong bases
- 5.1. Storage: kept in dry, cool, and shaded place with original packaging, avoid moisture, store at room temperature.
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Avoid direct or prolonged contact with skin and eyes.
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Dilution ventilation. Adequate ventilation systems as needed to control concentrations of airborne contaminants below applicable threshold limit values
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Diammonium Phosphate need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Diammonium Phosphate is not classified as a Dangerous Substance
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause severe eye irritation
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause skin irritation.
- 7.4. Ingestion: May cause digestive tract irritation.
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause respiratory tract irritation
- 7.6. Other: Mot Applicable
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash the affected area with water, remove contaminated clothing and launder before re-use. Seek medical advice if irritation develops or persists.
- 8.3. Ingestion: Rinse mouth thoroughly with water and drink water afterwards.
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure, move to fresh air and seek medical advice immediately.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: Non-flammable.
- 9.2. Flash point: Not applicable
- 9.3. Ignition control: Not Applicable
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Water spray, dry chemical or carbon dioxide
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Diammonium Phosphate is fully biodegradable.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. This Safety Data Sheet of Diammonium Phosphate is based upon a limited review of Foodchem Internation Corporation files and standard Toxicological handbooks. We make no warranty of merchantability or any other warranty, express or implied, with respect to such information, and we assume no liability resulting from its use. Users should make their own investigations to determine the suitability of the information for their particular purposes. In no event shall Foodchem International Corporation be liable for any claims, losses, or damages of any third party or for lost profits or any special, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages, howsoever arising, even if Foodchem International Corporation has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Copyright@2003-2015 All rights reserved Foodchem International Corporation