> Sodium Metabisulfite MSDS
Sodium Metabisulfite MSDS
Sodium Metabisulfite MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Sodium Metabisulfite
- 1.2. Description: Sodium Metabisulfite is a inorganic compound manufactured through chemical synthesis.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: Na2S2O5
- 1.4. Molecular weight: 190.107
- 1.5. CAS #: 7681-57-4
- 1.6. EINECS #: 231-673-0
- 1.7. Manufactured by: Foodchem International Corporation, Shanghai China.
- 1.8. Supplied by: Foodchem International Corporation, Shanghai China.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as preservative and antioxidant
- 2.1. Sodium Metabisulfite: >96.5%
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Heavy Metals( Pb)≤0.0005 %
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Powder
- 3.2. Appearance: White or light yellow powder
- 3.3. Odor: odor of sulfur dioxide
- 3.4. pH: 4.3
- 3.5. Melting point/range: 170 °C
- 3.6. Boiling point: Not available
- 3.7. Bulk density: 1.48 g/cm3
- 3.8. Solubility: Easily soluble in cold water, hot water
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 24 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: SOx, Na2O When heated
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: Reactive with oxidizing agents, acids.
- 5.1. Storage: Store in a cool and dry place and Keep away from strong light and heat
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Keep away from incompatibles such as oxidizing agents, acids. Do not ingest、breathe dust、contact with skin. Wear suitable protective clothing. In case of insufficient ventilation, wear suitable respiratory equipment.
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: keep airborne levels below recommended exposure limits
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Sodium Metabisulfite need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Sodium Metabisulfite is Slightly hazardous in case of skin contact (irritant), of eye contact (irritant), of inhalation. Non-hazardous in case of ingestion
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause skin irritation.
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause skin irritation.
- 7.4. Ingestion: May cause irritation of the digestive tract.
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause respiratory tract irritation.
- 7.6. Other: Not Applicable
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash the affected area with water, remove contaminated clothing and launder before re-use. Seek medical advice if irritation develops or persists.
- 8.3. Ingestion: Do not induce vomiting. Loosen tight clothing such as a collar, tie, belt or waistband.
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure, move to fresh air and seek medical advice immediately.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: Non Combustible
- 9.2. Flash point: Not Applicable
- 9.3. Ignition control: Not Applicable
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Not Applicable
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Sodium Metabisulfite is fully biodegradable and its products of degradation are less toxic.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. This Safety Data Sheet of Sodium Metabisulfite is based upon a limited review of Foodchem Internation Corporation files and standard Toxicological handbooks. We make no warranty of merchantability or any other warranty, express or implied, with respect to such information, and we assume no liability resulting from its use. Users should make their own investigations to determine the suitability of the information for their particular purposes. In no event shall Foodchem International Corporation be liable for any claims, losses, or damages of any third party or for lost profits or any special, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages, howsoever arising, even if Foodchem International Corporation has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Copyright@2003-2017 All rights reserved Foodchem International Corporation