> Monoammonium Phosphate MSDS
Monoammonium Phosphate MSDS
Monoammonium Phosphate MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Monoammonium Phosphate
- 1.2. Description: Monoammonium Phosphate is a salt of phosphoric acid manufactured through chemical synthesis.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: H6NO4P
- 1.4. Molecular weight: 115.03
- 1.5. CAS #: 7722-76-1
- 1.6. EINECS #: 231-764-5
- 1.7. Manufactured by: Foodchem International Corporation, Shanghai China.
- 1.8. Supplied by: Foodchem International Corporation, Shanghai China.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as nutrient for fermentation
- 2.1. Monoammonium Phosphate: >99%
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Heavy metal(as Pb)≤ 0.001%, Arsenic(As)≤ 0.0003%, Fluoride(as F)≤ 0.005%, Water insoluble ≤ 0.10%
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Powder
- 3.2. Appearance: White Crystal
- 3.3. Odor: Odorless
- 3.4. pH: 4.4-4.8
- 3.5. Melting point/range: 190 °C (374 °F; 463 K)
- 3.6. Boiling point: Not available
- 3.7. Bulk density: 1.80 g/cm3
- 3.8. Solubility: 40.4 g/100 mL
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 24 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: Phosphorus oxides and potassium oxide
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: strong bases sodium hypochlorite
- 5.1. Storage: Store in a cool and dry place and Keep away from strong light and heat
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Avoid direct or prolonged contact with skin and eyes.
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Safety shower and eye bath. Provide exhaust ventilation or other engineering controls to keep the airborne concentrations below their respective threshold limit value.
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Monoammonium Phosphate need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Monoammonium Phosphate is Slightly hazardous in case of inhalation, skin contact, ingestion or eye contact.
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause eye irritation.
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause skin irritation.
- 7.4. Ingestion: May irritate the tissues of the mouth, esophagus, and other tissues of the digestive system
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause irritation to the respiratory tract and gastrointestinal
- 7.6. Other: Not Applicable
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash with soap and water. Get medical attention if irritation develops. Cold water may be used
- 8.3. Ingestion: Do not induce vomiting. Loosen tight clothing such as a collar, tie, belt or waistband.
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure, move to fresh air and seek medical advice immediately.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: Non Combustible
- 9.2. Flash point: Not Applicable
- 9.3. Ignition control: Not applicable
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Not Applicable
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Monoammonium Phosphate is fully biodegradable.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. This Safety Data Sheet of Monoammonium Phosphate is based upon a limited review of Foodchem Internation Corporation files and standard Toxicological handbooks. We make no warranty of merchantability or any other warranty, express or implied, with respect to such information, and we assume no liability resulting from its use. Users should make their own investigations to determine the suitability of the information for their particular purposes. In no event shall Foodchem International Corporation be liable for any claims, losses, or damages of any third party or for lost profits or any special, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages, howsoever arising, even if Foodchem International Corporation has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Copyright@2003-2017 All rights reserved Foodchem International Corporation