> Potassium Metaphosphate MSDS
Potassium Metaphosphate MSDS
Potassium Metaphosphate MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Potassium Metaphosphate
- 1.2. Description: Potassium Metaphosphate is a potassium salt of phosphoric acid manufactured through chemical synthesis.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: K2HPO4
- 1.4. Molecular weight: 212.26
- 1.5. CAS #: 7790-53-6
- 1.6. EINECS #: 232-212-6
- 1.7. Manufactured by: Foodchem International Corporation, Shanghai China.
- 1.8. Supplied by: Foodchem International Corporation, Shanghai China.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as emulsifiers and nutrition supplements
- 2.1. Potassium Metaphosphate: >59%
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: As, 0.0003% max, HEAVY METALS 0.0015 %max, Pb 0.0002% max, Hg 0.0001% max, Cd 0.0001% max, VISCOSITY 6.5—15F 0.001% max, LOSS ON DRYING% 5.0%max.
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Powder
- 3.2. Appearance: WHITE POWDER
- 3.3. Odor: Odorless
- 3.4. pH: 8.8
- 3.5. Melting point/range: Decomposition temperature: >465°C (869°F)
- 3.6. Boiling point: Not available
- 3.7. Bulk density: 2.3 g/cm3
- 3.8. Solubility: Easily soluble in cold water, hot water. Slightly soluble in alcohol
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 24 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: Phosphorus oxides and potassium oxide
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: oxidizing agents,materials
- 5.1. Storage: Hygroscopic Keep container tightly closed. Keep container in a cool, well-ventilated area.
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Keep away from incompatibles such as oxidizing agents. Do not store above 23°C (73.4°F).
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Use process enclosures, local exhaust ventilation, or other engineering controls to keep airborne levels below recommendedexposure limits.
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Potassium Metaphosphate need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Potassium Metaphosphate is Hazardous in case of eye contact (irritant), of ingestion. Slightly hazardous in case of skin contact (irritant), of inhalation
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause eye irritation.
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause skin irritation.
- 7.4. Ingestion: May irritate the tissues of the mouth, esophagus, and other tissues of the digestive system
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause irritation to the respiratory tract and gastrointestinal
- 7.6. Other: Not Applicable
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash with soap and water. Get medical attention if irritation develops. Cold water may be used
- 8.3. Ingestion: Do not induce vomiting. Loosen tight clothing such as a collar, tie, belt or waistband.
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure, move to fresh air and seek medical advice immediately.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: Non Combustible
- 9.2. Flash point: Not Applicable
- 9.3. Ignition control: Not applicable
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Not Applicable
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Potassium Tripolyphosphate is biodegradable and The product itself and its products of degradation are not toxic.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. This Safety Data Sheet of Potassium Metaphosphate is based upon a limited review of Foodchem Internation Corporation files and standard Toxicological handbooks. We make no warranty of merchantability or any other warranty, express or implied, with respect to such information, and we assume no liability resulting from its use. Users should make their own investigations to determine the suitability of the information for their particular purposes. In no event shall Foodchem International Corporation be liable for any claims, losses, or damages of any third party or for lost profits or any special, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages, howsoever arising, even if Foodchem International Corporation has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Copyright@2003-2015 All rights reserved Foodchem International Corporation