> Tetrapotassium Pyrophosphate MSDS
Tetrapotassium Pyrophosphate MSDS
Tetrapotassium Pyrophosphate MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Tetrapotassium Pyrophosphate
- 1.2. Description: Tetrapotassium Pyrophosphate is a potassium salt of phosphoric acid manufactured through chemical synthesis.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: K4O7P2
- 1.4. Molecular weight: 330.33
- 1.5. CAS #: 7320-34-5
- 1.6. EINECS #: 230-785-7
- 1.7. Manufactured by: Foodchem International Corporation, Shanghai China.
- 1.8. Supplied by: Foodchem International Corporation, Shanghai China.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as buffering agent, emulsifier, dispersing agent and thickening agent
- 2.1. Tetrapotassium Pyrophosphate: >98%
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: ARSENIC( AS) 3PPM MAX , Pb (PPM) 5 MAX , HEAVY METAL( PB) , 15 PPM MAX , ASRENIC(AS) 3 PPM MAX , FLUORID( PPM) 10 MAX
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Powder
- 3.2. Appearance: WHITE POWDER
- 3.3. Odor: Odorless
- 3.4. pH: 10-10.9 (2% solution @ 25 deg C)
- 3.5. Melting point/range: 1090°C (1994°F)
- 3.6. Boiling point: Not available
- 3.7. Bulk density: 2.33 g/cm3
- 3.8. Solubility: 188 g/100 g water @ 25 °C
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 24 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: Phosphorus oxides and potassium oxide
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: strong acids
- 5.1. Storage: Kept in dry, cool, and shaded place with original packaging, avoid moisture, store at room temperature.
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Keep away from heat. Keep away from sources of ignition. Empty containers pose a fire risk, evaporate the residue under a fume hood. Ground all equipment containing material. Do not ingest. Do not breathe dust.
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Use engineering methods to control hazardous conditions. This includes exhaust ventilation directly to the outside and using corrosion-resistant ventilation system separate from other exhaust ventilation systems
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Tetrapotassium Pyrophosphate need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Tetrapotassium Pyrophosphate is slight irritation of the eyes, skin, nose and other tissues which come in contact with dusts or particulates of this product
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause eye irritation.
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause skin irritation.
- 7.4. Ingestion: May irritate the tissues of the mouth, esophagus, and other tissues of the digestive system
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause irritation to the respiratory tract and gastrointestinal
- 7.6. Other: Not Applicable
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash with soap and water. Get medical attention if irritation develops. Cold water may be used
- 8.3. Ingestion: Have victim rinse mouth thoroughly with water. DO NOT INDUCE VOMITING. Immediately give large amounts of water. If vomiting occurs naturally, rinse mouth and repeat administration of water. Obtain medical advice immediately.
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure, move to fresh air and seek medical advice immediately.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: Non Combustible
- 9.2. Flash point: Not Applicable
- 9.3. Ignition control: Not applicable
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Not Applicable
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Tricalcium Phosphate is not biodegradable.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. This Safety Data Sheet of Tetrapotassium Pyrophosphate is based upon a limited review of Foodchem Internation Corporation files and standard Toxicological handbooks. We make no warranty of merchantability or any other warranty, express or implied, with respect to such information, and we assume no liability resulting from its use. Users should make their own investigations to determine the suitability of the information for their particular purposes. In no event shall Foodchem International Corporation be liable for any claims, losses, or damages of any third party or for lost profits or any special, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages, howsoever arising, even if Foodchem International Corporation has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Copyright@2003-2017 All rights reserved Foodchem International Corporation