> Alkalized Cocoa Powder MSDS
Alkalized Cocoa Powder MSDS
Alkalized Cocoa Powder MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Alkalized Cocoa Powder
- 1.2. Description: Alkalized Cocoa Powder is a processed cocoa powder manufactured through adding alkaline substance to natural cocoa powder.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: Not Applicable
- 1.4. Molecular weight: Not Applicable
- 1.5. CAS #: 95009-22-6
- 1.6. EINECS #: 305-748-4
- 1.7. Manufactured by: Foodchem International Corporation, Shanghai China.
- 1.8. Supplied by: Foodchem International Corporation, Shanghai China.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as flavour enhancer
- 2.1. Alkalized Cocoa Powder: Not Applicable
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Mould count (cfu/g) ≤ 100, Yeast count (cfu/g) ≤ 50
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Powder
- 3.2. Appearance: Fine, free flowing brown powder
- 3.3. Odor: Typical cocoa
- 3.4. pH: 6.2 - 6.8
- 3.5. Melting point/range: Not available
- 3.6. Boiling point: Not available
- 3.7. Bulk density: 0.40 – 0.55 g/cm3
- 3.8. Solubility: 45% of the powder is soluble in hot water (80°C)
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 24 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: carbon oxides (CO, CO2).
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: strong oxidizing agents.
- 5.1. Storage: Kept in cool, dry storage and free from foreign odors.
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Keep away from heat. Keep away from sources of ignition. Ground all equipment containing material. Do not breathe dust.
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Use process enclosures, local exhaust ventilation, or other engineering controls to keep airborne levels below recommended exposure limits.
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Alkalized Cocoa Powder need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Alkalized Cocoa Powder is Slightly hazardous in case of eye contact (irritant), of inhalation
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause eye irritation.
- 7.3. Contact with skin: No known hazards
- 7.4. Ingestion: No known hazards
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause irritation to the respiratory tract and gastrointestinal
- 7.6. Other: Not Applicable
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush with plenty of water or eye wash solution for 15 minutes. Get medical attention if irritation persists.
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash with soap and water- get medical attention if irritation occurs.
- 8.3. Ingestion: Food grade, no hazard
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure and move to fresh air immediately.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: May be combustible at high temperature.
- 9.2. Flash point: Not available
- 9.3. Ignition control: Avoid Daidzein ignition sources Alkalized Cocoa Powder might be generated.
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Water spray, dry chemical or carbon dioxide.Wear positive pressure self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) and full turnout gear.
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Use appropriate tools to put the spilled solid in a convenient waste disposal container. Finish cleaning by spreading water on the contaminated surface and dispose of according to local and regional authority requirements.
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Alkalized Cocoa Powder is fully degradation biodegradable.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. This Safety Data Sheet of Alkalized Cocoa Powder is based upon a limited review of Foodchem Internation Corporation files and standard Toxicological handbooks. We make no warranty of merchantability or any other warranty, express or implied, with respect to such information, and we assume no liability resulting from its use. Users should make their own investigations to determine the suitability of the information for their particular purposes. In no event shall Foodchem International Corporation be liable for any claims, losses, or damages of any third party or for lost profits or any special, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages, howsoever arising, even if Foodchem International Corporation has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Copyright@2003-2017 All rights reserved Foodchem International Corporation