> Cocoa Powder MSDS
Cocoa Powder MSDS
Cocoa Powder MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Cocoa Powder
- 1.2. Description: Cocoa Powder is a powder of cacoa beans manufactured through fermentation.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: Not Applicable
- 1.4. Molecular weight: Not Applicable
- 1.5. CAS #: 95009-22-6
- 1.6. EINECS #: 305-748-4
- 1.7. Manufactured by: Foodchem International Corporation, Shanghai China.
- 1.8. Supplied by: Foodchem International Corporation, Shanghai China.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as food supplements
- 2.1. Cocoa Powder: 100%
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Negative
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Powder
- 3.2. Appearance: Fine, free flowing brown powder
- 3.3. Odor: Characteristic, cocoa
- 3.4. pH: 5.0 - 5.8
- 3.5. Melting point/range: Not applicable
- 3.6. Boiling point: Not applicable
- 3.7. Bulk density: 0.40 – 0.55 g/cm3
- 3.8. Solubility: 45% of the powder is soluble in hot water
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 24 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: Thermal decomposition may produce carbon monoxide and dioxide
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: Not Known
- 5.1. Storage: kept in cool, dry storage and free from foreign odors.
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Avoid handling which leads to dust formation. In common with many organic chemicals, may form flammable dust clouds in air. Avoid skin and eye contact and breathing in dust.
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Use process enclosures, local exhaust ventilation, or other engineering controls to keep airborne levels below recommended exposure limits.
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Cocoa Powder need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Cocoa Powder is not classified as a Dangerous Substance
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause irritation
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause irritation, very low chance for usual industrial handling
- 7.4. Ingestion: No hazard expected in normal industrial handling
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause respiratory tract irritation
- 7.6. Other: Avoid build up of dust particles. Possibility of dust explosion.
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash the affected area with water, remove contaminated clothing and launder before re-use. Seek medical advice if irritation develops or persists.
- 8.3. Ingestion: No specific treatment is necessary
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure, move to fresh air and seek medical advice immediately.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: Avoid ignition sources where a fine cocoa dust might be generated.
- 9.2. Flash point: Not applicable
- 9.3. Ignition control: Avoid ignition sources where Cocoa Powder dust might be generated
- 9.4. Dust control: Not Applicable
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Water spray, dry chemical or carbon dioxide
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Cocoa Powder is fully biodegradable.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. This Safety Data Sheet of Cocoa Powder is based upon a limited review of Foodchem Internation Corporation files and standard Toxicological handbooks. We make no warranty of merchantability or any other warranty, express or implied, with respect to such information, and we assume no liability resulting from its use. Users should make their own investigations to determine the suitability of the information for their particular purposes. In no event shall Foodchem International Corporation be liable for any claims, losses, or damages of any third party or for lost profits or any special, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages, howsoever arising, even if Foodchem International Corporation has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Copyright@2003-2015 All rights reserved Foodchem International Corporation