Applications and Uses of Sodium Lactate
by Terry Zhai 2014-10-30
Sodium Lactate is a sodium salt of lactic acid widely used as acidity regulator in food and beverage. As a acidity regulator, Sodium Lactate can be used in a wide variety of industries including: food production, beverage, pharmaceutical, cosmetics, and various other industries.
Sodium Lactate in Food Production
Sodium Lactate is widely used as preservative and pH regulator in food production.
- As antioxidants, humectant, flavor enhancer, emulsifier and pH regulator : in meat products processing to enhance flavor, extend shelf life and inhibit bacteria.
Sodium Lactate in Beverage
Sodium Lactate is widely used as preservative, flavor enhancer, PH regulator in beverage.
- As acidity regulator, flavor enhancer: in sour drinks to regulate PH and enhance flavor.
- As preservatives: in wine processing to inhibit bacteria of breeding, promote yeast growth and prevent muddy wine.
Sodium Lactate in Pharmaceutical
Sodium Lactate is widely used as PH regulator in Pharmaceutical.
- As PH regulator: in medicine to relieve acidosis.
Sodium Lactate in Cosmetics
Sodium Lactate is widely used as PH regulator, humectant in Cosmetics.
- As PH regulator: in bath gel, soap and shampoo to protect hair and skins.
- As humectant: in skincare products to retain moisture and whiten skins.
Sodium Lactate in Agriculture/Animal Feed
Not enough is known about application of Sodium Lactate in Agriculture/Animal Feed.
Sodium Lactate in Other Industries
Not enough is known about application of Sodium Lactate in other industries.
This application file is based on limited review of Foodchem International Corporation. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about Sodium Lactate or want to report new applications of Sodium Lactate to us.