Applications and Uses of Mannitol
by Terry Zhai 2014-10-30
Mannitol is a sugar alcohol widely used as sweetener in food and beverage. As a sweetener, Mannitol can be used in a wide variety of industries including: food production, beverage, pharmaceutical, cosmetics, and various other industries.
Mannitol in Food Production
Mannitol is widely used as sweetener, Abherent in food production.
- As sweetener: in new year cake and maltose to provide low sweetness with low calorie.
- As abherent: in cake to release.
Mannitol in Beverage
Mannitol is widely used as sweetener in beverage.
- As sweetener: in beverage industries to provide low sweetness with low calorie.
Mannitol in Pharmaceutical
Mannitol is widely used as Antihypertensive drugs, diuretics and dehydrating agent, bulking agent, Flavoring agents, Excipients in Pharmaceutical.
- As Antihypertensive drugs, diuretics and dehydrating agent: in Injectio Mannitou to Reduce intracranial pressure.
- As bulking agent, Flavoring agents, Excipients: in tablets manufacturing to fill and enhance flavor.
Mannitol in Cosmetics
Mannitol is widely used as Moisture absorbent in Cosmetics.
- As Moisture absorbent: in comestic and personal care product to absorb moisture.
Mannitol in Agriculture/Animal Feed
Not enough is known about application of Mannitol in Agriculture/Animal Feed.
Mannitol in Other Industries
Mannitol is widely used as intermediate in various other industries.
- As intermediate: in manufacturing of various organic chemicals.
This application file is based on limited review of Foodchem International Corporation. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about Mannitol or want to report new applications of Mannitol to us.