headache, short-term feelings of depression, daytime sleepiness, dizziness, stomach cramps, and irritability.
As Paracetamol is widely known as safe, there is no limit on dosage of intake. However, we still recommend consumers to consult professionals before using large quantity of Paracetamol for long period.
Special groups refer to newborns, children, pregnant and any other applicable vulnerable groups.
Paracetamol may have some affect on pregnant or breast-feeding women. We recommend consumers to consult professionals before using Paracetamol in food of pregnant or breast-feeding women.
Though Paracetamol is not on FDA's GRAS exemption list, it's still widely accepted as safe food additive in many countries including USA with specific limit on dosage.
No breaking news or public health crises reported about Paracetamol reported up to now.
* Want to report news about this ingredient, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your knowledge can help us to uncover more truthes about food ingredients to customers.
1. Is paracetamol safe and effective for ductus arteriosus closure? [Arch Dis Child. 2013 Oct]
Author: Mazer-Amirshahi M, van den Anker J.
2. [Paracetamol. Efficacious and safe for all ages]. [Schmerz. 2013 Feb]
Author: Wehling M.
3. [Basic drugs in pain therapy under discussion. How safe is paracetamol? (interview by Dr. Judith Neumaier)]. [MMW Fortschr Med. 2011 Dec 15]
Author: Petersen KU.
4. Paracetamol (acetaminophen) is safe and effective for treatment of postoperative third molar extraction pain. [J Evid Based Dent Pract. 2009 Dec]
Author: Weyant R.