> Disodium Edta MSDS
Disodium Edta MSDS
Disodium Edta MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Disodium EDTA
- 1.2. Description: Disodium EDTA is a sodium salt of EDTA manufactured through chemical synthesis.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: C10-H14-N2-O8.2Na
- 1.4. Molecular weight: 372.24
- 1.5. CAS #: 6381-92-6
- 1.6. EINECS #: 200-449-4
- 1.7. Manufactured by: Foodchem International Corporation, Shanghai China.
- 1.8. Supplied by: Foodchem International Corporation, Shanghai China.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as stabilizer in cosmetic and personal care products.
- 2.1. Disodium EDTA: >99%
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Nitrilotriacetic acid ≤ 0.1%, Calcium (Ca) Negative, Ferrum (Fe) ≤ 10 mg/kg, Lead (Pb) ≤ 5 mg/kg, Arsenic (As) ≤ 3 mg/kg, Mercury (Hg) ≤ 1 mg/kg, Heavy metals (as Pb) ≤ 10 mg/kg
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: powder.
- 3.2. Appearance: White crystalline powder
- 3.3. Odor: Odorless.
- 3.4. pH: 4.0- 5.0
- 3.5. Melting point/range: 248°C (478.4°F)
- 3.6. Boiling point: Not available.
- 3.7. Bulk density: Not available
- 3.8. Solubility: Soluble in cold water, hot water.
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 6 months
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: Carbon oxides (CO, CO2), nitrogen oxides (NO, NO2...),metal oxide/oxides
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: Strong oxidizers.
- 5.1. Storage: Stored in a cool and dry place and Keep away from strong light and heat
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Keep locked up.. Keep away from heat. Keep away from sources of ignition. Empty containers pose a fire risk, evaporate the residue under a fume hood. Ground all equipment containing material.
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Use process enclosures, local exhaust ventilation, or other engineering controls to keep airborne levels below recommendedexposure limits.
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Disodium EDTA need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Disodium EDTA is Slightly hazardous in case of skin contact (irritant), of eye contact (irritant), of ingestion, of inhalation. Severe over-exposure can result in death.
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause eye irritation.
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause skin irritation.
- 7.4. Ingestion: May cause irritation of the digestive tract.
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause irritation to the respiratory tract and gastrointestinal
- 7.6. Other: Not Applicable
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush with plenty of water or eye wash solution for 15 minutes. Cold water may be used. WARM water MUST be used. Get medical attention if irritation persists.
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash with soap and water. Cover the irritated skin with an emollient. Get medical attention if irritation develops
- 8.3. Ingestion: Do NOT induce vomiting. If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately.
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove to fresh air. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical attention.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: May be combustible at high temperature.
- 9.2. Flash point: Closed cup: >10°C (>212°F)
- 9.3. Ignition control: Avoid Daidzein ignition sources Disodium EDTA dust might be generated.
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Not available
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Use appropriate tools to put the spilled solid in a convenient waste disposal container. Finish cleaning by spreading water on the contaminated surface and dispose of according to local and regional authority requirements.
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Disodium EDTA is fully degradation biodegradable.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. This Safety Data Sheet of Disodium EDTA is based upon a limited review of Foodchem Internation Corporation files and standard Toxicological handbooks. We make no warranty of merchantability or any other warranty, express or implied, with respect to such information, and we assume no liability resulting from its use. Users should make their own investigations to determine the suitability of the information for their particular purposes. In no event shall Foodchem International Corporation be liable for any claims, losses, or damages of any third party or for lost profits or any special, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages, howsoever arising, even if Foodchem International Corporation has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Copyright@2003-2017 All rights reserved Foodchem International Corporation