> Stearic Acid MSDS
Stearic Acid MSDS
Stearic Acid MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Stearic Acid
- 1.2. Description: Stearic Acid is a saturated fatty acid with an 18-carbon chain manufactured through hydrolysis of triglycerides.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: C18H36O2
- 1.4. Molecular weight: 284.48
- 1.5. CAS #: 57-11-4
- 1.6. EINECS #: 200-313-4
- 1.7. Manufactured by: Foodchem International Corporation, Shanghai China.
- 1.8. Supplied by: Foodchem International Corporation, Shanghai China.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as lubricants, softening and release agents
- 2.1. Stearic Acid: Not Applicable
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Negative
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Powder
- 3.2. Appearance: WHITE FLAKE or white powder
- 3.3. Odor: Tallow-like (Slight.)
- 3.4. pH: Not available
- 3.5. Melting point/range: 69.4 (156.9°F)
- 3.6. Boiling point: Decomposition temperature: 350°C (662°F)
- 3.7. Bulk density: 1.017 g/cm3
- 3.8. Solubility: Insoluble
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 24 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: carbon oxides (CO, CO2).
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: Bases, oxidizing agents, reducing agents.
- 5.1. Storage: Kept in dry, cool, and shaded place with original packaging, avoid moisture, store at room temperature.
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Avoid breathing dust, vapor, mist, or gas. Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Use process enclosures, local exhaust ventilation, or other engineering controls to keep airborne levels below recommended exposure limits.
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Stearic Acid need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Stearic Acid is Slightly hazardous in case of skin contact (irritant), of eye contact (irritant), of ingestion, of inhalation
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause eye irritation.
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause skin irritation.
- 7.4. Ingestion: May cause irritation of the digestive tract.
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause irritation to the respiratory tract and gastrointestinal
- 7.6. Other: Not Applicable
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush with plenty of water or eye wash solution for 15 minutes. Get medical attention if irritation persists.
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash with soap and water- get medical attention if irritation occurs.
- 8.3. Ingestion: Do NOT induce vomiting. If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately.
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure and move to fresh air immediately.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: May be combustible at high temperature.
- 9.2. Flash point: CLOSED CUP: 196.11°C (385°F).
- 9.3. Ignition control: Avoid Daidzein ignition sources Stearic Acid dust might be generated.
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Not available
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Use appropriate tools to put the spilled solid in a convenient waste disposal container. If necessary: Neutralize the residue with a dilute solution of sodium carbonate.
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Stearic Acid is fully degradation biodegradable.The product itself and its products of degradation are not toxic.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. This Safety Data Sheet of Stearic Acid is based upon a limited review of Foodchem Internation Corporation files and standard Toxicological handbooks. We make no warranty of merchantability or any other warranty, express or implied, with respect to such information, and we assume no liability resulting from its use. Users should make their own investigations to determine the suitability of the information for their particular purposes. In no event shall Foodchem International Corporation be liable for any claims, losses, or damages of any third party or for lost profits or any special, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages, howsoever arising, even if Foodchem International Corporation has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Copyright@2003-2015 All rights reserved Foodchem International Corporation