> Polyanionic Cellulose MSDS
Polyanionic Cellulose MSDS
Polyanionic Cellulose MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Polyanionic Cellulose
- 1.2. Description: Polyanionic Cellulose is a cellulose derivative manufactured through chemical synthesis.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: (R)nOCH2COONa
- 1.4. Molecular weight: Not Applicable
- 1.5. CAS #: 9004-32-4
- 1.6. EINECS #: Not Applicable
- 1.7. Manufactured by: Foodchem International Corporation, Shanghai China.
- 1.8. Supplied by: Foodchem International Corporation, Shanghai China.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as water purifying agent
- 2.1. Polyanionic Cellulose: Not Applicable
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Negative
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Powder
- 3.2. Appearance: Cream white free flowing powder
- 3.3. Odor: Odorless.
- 3.4. pH: 6.0- 8.0
- 3.5. Melting point/range: 300°C
- 3.6. Boiling point: Not available.
- 3.7. Bulk density: 1.5g/cm3
- 3.8. Solubility: Soluble (200°C)
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 24 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: Carbon monoxide, irritating and toxic fumes and gases, carbon dioxide.
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: Moisture.
- 5.1. Storage: Kept in dry, cool, and shaded place with original packaging, avoid moisture, store at room temperature.
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Wash thoroughly after handling. Wash hands before eating. Minimize dust generation and accumulation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Keep container tightly closed. Avoid ingestion and inhalation. Use with adequate ventilation.
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Use process enclosures, local exhaust ventilation, or other engineering controls to keep airborne levels below recommended exposure limits.
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Polyanionic Cellulose need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Polyanionic Cellulose is Slightly hazardous in case of skin contact (irritant), of eye contact (irritant), of ingestion, of inhalation
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause respiratory tract irritation. Low hazard for usual industrial handling.
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause skin irritation.
- 7.4. Ingestion: May cause irritation of the digestive tract.
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause gastrointestinal irritation with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. Low hazard for usual industrial handling.
- 7.6. Other: Not Applicable
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush with plenty of water or eye wash solution for 15 minutes. Get medical attention if irritation persists.
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Flush skin with plenty of soap and water for at least 15 minutes while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Get medical aid if irritation develops or persists. Wash clothing before reuse.
- 8.3. Ingestion: Do NOT induce vomiting. If conscious and alert, rinse mouth and drink 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Wash mouth out with water. Get medical aid if irritation or symptoms occur.
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove to fresh air. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Get medical attention.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: May be combustible at high temperature.
- 9.2. Flash point: Not available
- 9.3. Ignition control: Avoid Daidzein ignition sources Polyanionic Cellulose Powder might be generated.
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Not available
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Use appropriate tools to put the spilled solid in a convenient waste disposal container. If necessary: Neutralize the residue with a dilute solution of acetic acid.
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Polyanionic Cellulose is fully degradation biodegradable.The product itself and its products of degradation are not toxic
12. Other Information
- 12.1. This Safety Data Sheet of Polyanionic Cellulose is based upon a limited review of Foodchem Internation Corporation files and standard Toxicological handbooks. We make no warranty of merchantability or any other warranty, express or implied, with respect to such information, and we assume no liability resulting from its use. Users should make their own investigations to determine the suitability of the information for their particular purposes. In no event shall Foodchem International Corporation be liable for any claims, losses, or damages of any third party or for lost profits or any special, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages, howsoever arising, even if Foodchem International Corporation has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Copyright@2003-2015 All rights reserved Foodchem International Corporation