> Glycerol monostearate MSDS
Glycerol monostearate MSDS
Glycerol monostearate MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Glycerol monostearate
- 1.2. Description: Glycerol monostearate is a glycerol ester of stearic acid manufactured through chemical synthesis.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: C21H42O4
- 1.4. Molecular weight: 358.56
- 1.5. CAS #: 123-94-4
- 1.6. EINECS #: 250-705-4
- 1.7. Manufactured by: Foodchem International Corporation, Shanghai China.
- 1.8. Supplied by: Foodchem International Corporation, Shanghai China.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as thickening, emulsifying, anti-caking, and preservative agent
- 2.1. Glycerol monostearate: >40%
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Arsenic （As，mg/kg） ≤2.0, Lead（Pb，mg/kg） ≤2.0
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Powder
- 3.2. Appearance: colorless flaky powder
- 3.3. Odor: Characteristic
- 3.4. pH: Not available
- 3.5. Melting point/range: 58 to 59 °C (136 to 138 °F; 331 to 332 K)
- 3.6. Boiling point: 238 to 239 °C (460 to 462 °F; 511 to 512 K)
- 3.7. Bulk density: 0.97 g/cm3
- 3.8. Solubility: Insoluble
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 12 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: carbon oxides (CO, CO2).
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: strong oxidizing agents.
- 5.1. Storage: Kept in dry, cool, and shaded place with original packaging, avoid moisture, store at room temperature.
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Keep away from heat. Keep away from sources of ignition. Ground all equipment containing material. Do not breathe dust.
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Use process enclosures, local exhaust ventilation, or other engineering controls to keep airborne levels below recommended exposure limits.
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Glycerol monostearate need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Glycerol monostearate is Slightly hazardous in case of skin contact (irritant), of eye contact (irritant), of ingestion, of inhalation
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause eye irritation.
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause skin irritation.
- 7.4. Ingestion: May cause irritation of the digestive tract.
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause irritation to the respiratory tract and gastrointestinal
- 7.6. Other: Not Applicable
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash with soap and water. Cover the irritated skin with an emollient. Get medical attention if irritation develops.
- 8.3. Ingestion: Do NOT induce vomiting. If victim is conscious and alert, give 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Get medical aid immediately.
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure and move to fresh air immediately.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: May be combustible at high temperature.
- 9.2. Flash point: 230 °C (446 °F) (open cup)
- 9.3. Ignition control: Avoid Daidzein ignition sources Glycerol monostearate powder might be generated.
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Water spray, dry chemical or carbon dioxide.Wear positive pressure self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) and full turnout gear.
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Use appropriate tools to put the spilled solid in a convenient waste disposal container. Finish cleaning by spreading water on the contaminated surface and dispose of according to local and regional authority requirements.
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Glycerol monostearate is fully degradation biodegradable .The product itself and its products of degradation are not toxic
12. Other Information
- 12.1. This Safety Data Sheet of Glycerol monostearate is based upon a limited review of Foodchem Internation Corporation files and standard Toxicological handbooks. We make no warranty of merchantability or any other warranty, express or implied, with respect to such information, and we assume no liability resulting from its use. Users should make their own investigations to determine the suitability of the information for their particular purposes. In no event shall Foodchem International Corporation be liable for any claims, losses, or damages of any third party or for lost profits or any special, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages, howsoever arising, even if Foodchem International Corporation has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Copyright@2003-2017 All rights reserved Foodchem International Corporation