> Monascus Red MSDS
Monascus Red MSDS
Monascus Red MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Monascus Red
- 1.2. Description: Monascus Red is a natural food pigment manufactured through fermentation using monascus purpureus.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: C27H32O14
- 1.4. Molecular weight: 580.53
- 1.5. CAS #: 10236-47-2
- 1.6. EINECS #: 233-566-4
- 1.7. Manufactured by: Foodchem International Corporation, Shanghai China.
- 1.8. Supplied by: Foodchem International Corporation, Shanghai China.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as Murrey Powder
- 2.1. Monascus Red: Not Applicable
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Lead (As Pb) ≤mg/kg 10, Arsenic ≤ mg/kg 5, Mercury ≤ ppmMERCURY 1, Zinc ≤ ppm 50, Cadimum ≤ ppm 1, Coliform Bacteria ≤ mpn/100g 30
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Powder
- 3.2. Appearance: Murrey Powder
- 3.3. Odor: Odorless
- 3.4. pH: ≤3.5
- 3.5. Melting point/range: 166 °C
- 3.6. Boiling point: Not available
- 3.7. Bulk density: Not available
- 3.8. Solubility: Insoluble in cold water
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 24 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: carbon oxides (CO, CO2).
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: Not available
- 5.1. Storage: Store in a cool and dry place and Keep away from strong light and heat
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Avoid contamination of storage containers. Avoid breathing dusts.
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Safety shower and eye bath. Mechanical exhaust required.
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Monascus Red need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Monascus Red is Slightly hazardous in case of skin contact (irritant), of eye contact (irritant), of ingestion, ofinhalation
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause eye irritation.
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause skin irritation.
- 7.4. Ingestion: May irritate the tissues of the mouth, esophagus, and other tissues of the digestive system
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause irritation to the respiratory tract and gastrointestinal
- 7.6. Other: Not Applicable
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash with soap and water. Cover the irritated skin with an emollient.Get medical attention if irritation develops
- 8.3. Ingestion: Do NOT induce vomiting.Never give anything by mouth. Loosen tight clothing such as a collar, tie, belt or waistband
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure, move to fresh air and seek medical advice immediately.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: May be combustible at high temperature.
- 9.2. Flash point: Not available
- 9.3. Ignition control: Avoid ignition sources where Monascus Red dust might be generated.
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Water spray, dry chemical or carbon dioxide
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Monascus Red is degradation biodegradable.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. This Safety Data Sheet of Monascus Red is based upon a limited review of Foodchem Internation Corporation files and standard Toxicological handbooks. We make no warranty of merchantability or any other warranty, express or implied, with respect to such information, and we assume no liability resulting from its use. Users should make their own investigations to determine the suitability of the information for their particular purposes. In no event shall Foodchem International Corporation be liable for any claims, losses, or damages of any third party or for lost profits or any special, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages, howsoever arising, even if Foodchem International Corporation has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Copyright@2003-2017 All rights reserved Foodchem International Corporation