> Titanium Dioxide MSDS
Titanium Dioxide MSDS
Titanium Dioxide MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Titanium Dioxide
- 1.2. Description: Titanium Dioxide is a naturally occurring oxide of titanium manufactured through chemical synthesis from high titanium mineral and strong acid.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: TiO2
- 1.4. Molecular weight: 79.866
- 1.5. CAS #: 13463-67-7
- 1.6. EINECS #: 215-280-1
- 1.7. Manufactured by: Foodchem International Corporation, Shanghai China.
- 1.8. Supplied by: Foodchem International Corporation, Shanghai China.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as colouring agent
- 2.1. Titanium Dioxide: >99.14%
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: LEAD 10PPM MAX, ARSENIC 3PPM MAX, ANTIMONY <2PPM, MERCURY 1PPM MAX, ZINC 50PPM MAX, CADMIUM 1PPM MAX, AL2O3 AND /OR SIO2 0.02%
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Powder
- 3.2. Appearance: WHITE POWDER
- 3.3. Odor: Characteristic
- 3.4. pH: 6.5-9.0
- 3.5. Melting point/range: 1855°C (3371°F)
- 3.6. Boiling point: 2750°C (4982°F)
- 3.7. Bulk density: 4.26g/cm3
- 3.8. Solubility: Insoluble in cold water
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 24 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: Not Applicable
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: Reactive with acids. Slightly reactive to reactive with metals
- 5.1. Storage: Store in a cool and dry place and Keep away from strong light and heat
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Do not breathe dust. Wear suitable protective clothing. If you feel unwell, seek medical attention and show the label when possible. Keep away from incompatibles such as acids
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Use process enclosures, local exhaust ventilation, or other engineering controls to keep airborne levels below recommended exposure limits. If user operations generate dust, fume or mist, use ventilation to keep exposure to airborne contaminants below the exposure limit
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Titanium Dioxide need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Titanium Dioxide is Slightly hazardous in case of skin contact (irritant), of eye contact (irritant), of ingestion, ofinhalation
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause eye irritation.
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause skin irritation.
- 7.4. Ingestion: May irritate the tissues of the mouth, esophagus, and other tissues of the digestive system
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause irritation to the respiratory tract and gastrointestinal
- 7.6. Other: Not Applicable
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash with soap and water. Cover the irritated skin with an emollient.Get medical attention if irritation develops
- 8.3. Ingestion: Do NOT induce vomiting.Never give anything by mouth. Loosen tight clothing such as a collar, tie, belt or waistband
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure, move to fresh air and seek medical advice immediately.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: Non-flammable
- 9.2. Flash point: Not available
- 9.3. Ignition control: Not applicable
- 9.4. Dust control: Not Applicable
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Not Applicable
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Titanium Dioxide is not degradation biodegradable and the products of degradation are not toxic.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. This Safety Data Sheet of Titanium Dioxide is based upon a limited review of Foodchem Internation Corporation files and standard Toxicological handbooks. We make no warranty of merchantability or any other warranty, express or implied, with respect to such information, and we assume no liability resulting from its use. Users should make their own investigations to determine the suitability of the information for their particular purposes. In no event shall Foodchem International Corporation be liable for any claims, losses, or damages of any third party or for lost profits or any special, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages, howsoever arising, even if Foodchem International Corporation has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Copyright@2003-2017 All rights reserved Foodchem International Corporation