Applications and Uses of Microcrystalline Cellulose
by Shawn 2014-10-29
Microcrystalline Cellulose is a purified partially hydrolyzed cellulose widely used as anti-caking agent, a fat substitute, an emulsifier, an extender, and a bulking agent in food and beverage. As a anti-caking agent, a fat substitute, an emulsifier, an extender, and a bulking agent, Microcrystalline Cellulose can be used in a wide variety of industries including: food production, beverage, pharmaceutical, cosmetics, and various other industries.
Microcrystalline Cellulose in Food Production
Microcrystalline Cellulose is widely used as stabilizer, anti-caking agent, fat substitute and emulsifier in food production.
- As Hot and cold stabilizer: in ice cream, frozen food, canned meat and condiments to improve the stability.
- As anti-caking agent: in baking goods to improve water retention and reduce food calories.
- As fat substitute and emulsifier: in ice cream, low-fat meat products and condiments to increase the viscosity and reduce fat.
Microcrystalline Cellulose in Beverage
Microcrystalline Cellulose is widely used as Gelling agent, stabilizer, anti-caking agents and suspending agents in beverage.
- As Gelling agent, stabilizer, anti-caking agents and suspending agents: in instant beverage to improve the stability of liquid.
Microcrystalline Cellulose in Pharmaceutical
Microcrystalline Cellulose is widely used as Binders, adsorbents, flowability in Pharmaceutical.
- As Binders: in tablet Manufacturing to increase tablet hardness.
- As adsorbents, flowability: in tablet Manufacturing to waterproof and improve mobility.
Microcrystalline Cellulose in Cosmetics
Microcrystalline Cellulose is widely used as fat substitute, thickener, Binder in Cosmetics.
- As fat substitude and thickener: in cosmetic and personal care product to keep stable quality and fresh.
- As Binder: in facial cosmetics to be smooth and easy to wipe out.
Microcrystalline Cellulose in Agriculture/Animal Feed
Not enough is known about application of Microcrystalline Cellulose in Agriculture/Animal Feed.
Microcrystalline Cellulose in Other Industries
Microcrystalline Cellulose is widely used as binder in various other industries.
- As binder: in Clay craft to increase the intensity of clay.
This application file is based on limited review of Foodchem International Corporation. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about Microcrystalline Cellulose or want to report new applications of Microcrystalline Cellulose to us.