Natural Cocoa Butter, CAS# 8002-31-1, is a vegetable fat manufactured through extraction from cocoa bean, available as Pale-yellow solid. Natural Cocoa Butter is widely used as base of chocolate. It is affirmed by US FDA as GRAS(generally recognized as safe) and widely accepted as safe food additive in many countries.
No significant side effects reported.
As Natural Cocoa Butter is widely known as safe, there is no limit on dosage of intake. However, we still recommend consumers to consult professionals before using large quantity of Natural Cocoa Butter for long period.
Special groups refer to newborns, children, pregnant and any other applicable vulnerable groups.
There is no evidence that Natural Cocoa Butter could have any negative effects on these vulnerable groups. It should be safe to use Natural Cocoa Butter in food for newborns and pregnant. However, we still recommend consumers to consult professionals before using large quantity of Natural Cocoa Butter for long period in food for newborns or pregnant.
Generally recognized as safe(GRAS) is a FDA designation that a specific substance or ingredient is generally considered safe by experts, and so is exempted from the usual Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA) food additive tolerance requirements. Natural Cocoa Butter is considered safe by FDA according to existing data and granted GRAS status.
No breaking news or public health crises reported about Natural Cocoa Butter reported up to now.
* Want to report news about this ingredient, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your knowledge can help us to uncover more truthes about food ingredients to customers.
1. Optimization of cocoa butter analog synthesis variables using neural networks and genetic algorithm.
[J Food Sci Technol. 2014 Sep]
Author: Shekarchizadeh H, Tikani R, Kadivar M.
2. Effect of cocoa butter and sunflower oil supplementation on performance, immunoglobulin, and antioxidant vitamin status of rats. [Biomed Res Int. 2014]
Author: Yıldırım E, Cınar M, Yalçınkaya I, Ekici H, Atmaca N, Güncüm E.
3. Hard cocoa butter replacers from mango seed fat and palm stearin. [Food Chem. 2014 Jul 1]
Author: Jahurul MH, Zaidul IS, Nik Norulaini NA, Sahena F, Abedin MZ, Mohamed A, Mohd Omar AK.
4. Microencapsulation of Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis and Lactobacillus acidophilus in cocoa butter using spray chilling technology. [Braz J Microbiol. 2014 Jan 15]
Author: Pedroso DL, Dogenski M, Thomazini M, Heinemann RJ, Favaro-Trindade CS.