Ginsenoside, CAS# 78214-33-2, is a Plant extracts manufactured through plant extraction, available as Brown fine powder. Ginsenoside is widely used as nutrition supplements. It is widely accepted as safe food additive in many countries.
No significant side effects reported.
As Ginsenoside is widely known as safe, there is no limit on dosage of intake. However, we still recommend consumers to consult professionals before using large quantity of Ginsenoside for long period.
Special groups refer to newborns, children, pregnant and any other applicable vulnerable groups.
There is no evidence that Ginsenoside could have any negative effects on these vulnerable groups. It should be safe to use Ginsenoside in food for newborns and pregnant. However, we still recommend consumers to consult professionals before using large quantity of Ginsenoside for long period in food for newborns or pregnant.
Though Ginsenoside is not on FDA's GRAS exemption list, it's still widely accepted as safe food additive in many countries including USA with specific limit on dosage.
No health issues about Ginsenoside reported up to now.
1. In vivo early intervention and the therapeutic effects of 20(s)-ginsenoside rg3 on hypertrophic scar formation. [PLoS One. 2014 Dec 12]
Author: Cheng L, Sun X, Hu C, Jin R, Sun B, Shi Y, Cui W, Zhang Y.
2. Korean red ginseng saponin fraction rich in ginsenoside-Rb1, Rc and Rb2 attenuates the severity of mouse collagen-induced arthritis. [Mediators Inflamm. 2014]
Author: Endale M, Im EJ, Lee JY, Kim SD, Yayeh T, Song YB, Kwak YS, Kim C, Kim SH, Roh SS, Cho JY, Rhee MH.
3. Immunosuppressive effects of ginsenoside-Rd on skin allograft rejection in rats. [J Surg Res. 2012 Jul]
Author: Wang L, Zhang Y, Chen J, Li S, Wang Y, Hu L, Wang L, Wu Y.
4. Changes of ginsenoside content by mushroom mycelial fermentation in red ginseng extract. [J Ginseng Res. 2011 Jun]
Author: Bae SH, Lee HS, Kim MR, Kim SY, Kim JM, Suh HJ.
5. [Feasibility study of ginsenoside Rg1 administrated via intranasal route]. [Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2010 Jan]
Author: Chen X.