Applications and Uses of Citric Acid Anhydrous
by Shawn 2014-10-27
Citric Acid Anhydrous is a common form of citric acid widely used as acidity regulator in food and beverage. As a popular acidity regulator, Citric Acid Anhydrous can be used in a wide variety of industries including: food production, beverage, pharmaceutical, cosmetics, agriculture/animal feed, and various other industries.
Citric Acid Anhydrous in Food Production
Citric Acid Anhydrous is widely used as acidity regulator and presevative in food production.
- As acidity regulator: in processed fruit and vegetable to improve flavor; in baking powder to react with sodium carbonate to reduce alkaline taste.
- As preservative: in canned food to inhibit microbial development.
Citric Acid Anhydrous in Beverage
Citric Acid Anhydrous is widely used as acidity regulator and antioxidant in beverage.
- As acidity regulator: in juice, soft drink and sauce to improve flavor.
- As antioxidant: in juice to maintain appearance and taste.
Citric Acid Anhydrous in Pharmaceutical
Citric Acid Anhydrous is widely used as thrombin inhibitor and fungicide in Pharmaceutical.
- As thrombin inhibitor: in anticoagulant to improve blood flowability.
- As fungicide: in medical sterilization to kill bacterial spore in hemodialysis machine tract.
Citric Acid Anhydrous in Cosmetics
Citric Acid Anhydrous is widely used as exfoliating agent and antioxidant in Cosmetics.
- As exfoliating agent: shampoo, serum and facial mask.
Citric Acid Anhydrous in Agriculture/Animal Feed
Citric Acid Anhydrous is widely used as antioxidant and ph regulator in Agriculture/Animal Feed.
- As antioxidant: in animal feed to protect feed from oxidation.
- As ph regulator: in animal feed to improve utilization of feed and health condition of cattle; in fertilizer to improve soil property.
Citric Acid Anhydrous in Other Industries
Citric Acid Anhydrous is widely used as cleansing agent, surfactant in various other industries.
- As cleansing agent: in plumbing cleaning to remove scale.
- As anti crease agent: in textile to prevent formaldehyde contamination.
- As additive: in plastic manufacturing to improve mechanical properties.
- As concrete retardant: in construction to improve concrete quality.
This application file is based on limited review of Foodchem International Corporation. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about Citric Acid Anhydrous or want to report new applications of Citric Acid Anhydrous to us.