D-Panthenol, CAS# 81-13-0, is a lipid-soluble compound manufactured through chemical synthesis, available as yellow to colorlessness powder. D-Panthenol is widely used as nutrition supplements. It is widely accepted as safe food additive in many countries.
No significant side effects reported.
As D-Panthenol is widely known as safe, there is no limit on dosage of intake. However, we still recommend consumers to consult professionals before using large quantity of D-Panthenol for long period.
Special groups refer to newborns, children, pregnant and any other applicable vulnerable groups.
There is no evidence that D-Panthenol could have any negative effects on these vulnerable groups. It should be safe to use D-Panthenol in food for newborns and pregnant. However, we still recommend consumers to consult professionals before using large quantity of D-Panthenol for long period in food for newborns or pregnant.
Generally recognized as safe(GRAS) is a FDA designation that a specific substance or ingredient is generally considered safe by experts, and so is exempted from the usual Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA) food additive tolerance requirements. D-Panthenol is considered safe by FDA according to existing data and granted GRAS status.
No breaking news or public health crises reported about D-Panthenol reported up to now.
* Want to report news about this ingredient, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your knowledge can help us to uncover more truthes about food ingredients to customers.
1. Simultaneous determination of pantothenic acid and D-panthenol in cosmetics by high performance liquid chromatography. [Se Pu. 2010 Nov]
Author: Mao X, Hu X, Pan W.
2. Evaluation of the ultrasound influence in the cutaneous penetration of d-panthenol: test in vitro. [J Cosmet Dermatol. 2005 Jan]
Author: Zague V, Polacow ML, Pires-de-Campos MS, Leonardi GR.
3. Determination of alpha-bisabolol and d-panthenol in cosmetic products by gas chromatography. [Int J Cosmet Sci. 1991 Jun]
Author: Andre D, Verite P, Duclos R, Orecchioni AM, Failly F.
4. Direct determination of D-panthenol in pharmaceutical preparations by ion-pair chromatography. [J Chromatogr. 1984 Oct 26]
Author: Bui-Nguyên MH.
5. Transcutaneous heparin therapy. Experimental histological studies with the effective combination heparin--allantoin--D panthenol. [Med Welt. 1983 May 20]
Author: Heine H.