No significant side effects reported.
As Hydrolyzed Collagen is widely known as safe, there is no limit on dosage of intake. However, we still recommend consumers to consult professionals before using large quantity of Hydrolyzed Collagen for long period.
Special groups refer to newborns, children, pregnant and any other applicable vulnerable groups.
There is no evidence that Hydrolyzed Collagen could have any negative effects on these vulnerable groups. It should be safe to use Hydrolyzed Collagen in food for newborns and pregnant. However, we still recommend consumers to consult professionals before using large quantity of Hydrolyzed Collagen for long period in food for newborns or pregnant.
Generally recognized as safe(GRAS) is a FDA designation that a specific substance or ingredient is generally considered safe by experts, and so is exempted from the usual Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA) food additive tolerance requirements. Hydrolyzed Collagen is considered safe by FDA according to existing data and granted GRAS status.
No breaking news or public health crises reported about Hydrolyzed Collagen reported up to now.
* Want to report news about this ingredient, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your knowledge can help us to uncover more truthes about food ingredients to customers.
1. Hydrolyzed collagen intake increases bone mass of growing rats trained with running exercise. [J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2013 Aug 6]
Author: Takeda S, Park JH, Kawashima E, Ezawa I, Omi N.
2. Hydrolyzed collagen improves bone status and prevents bone loss in ovariectomized C3H/HeN mice. [Osteoporos Int. 2012 Jul]
Author: Guillerminet F, Fabien-Soulé V, Even PC, Tomé D, Benhamou CL, Roux C, Blais A.
3. A nutritional intervention study with hydrolyzed collagen in pre-pubertal spanish children: influence on bone modeling biomarkers. [J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab. 2011]
Author: Martin-Bautista E, Martin-Matillas M, Martin-Lagos JA, Miranda-Leon MT, Muñoz-Torres M, Ruiz-Requena E, Rivero M, Quer J, Puigdueta I, Campoy C.
4. A food supplement of hydrolyzed collagen improves compositional and biodynamic characteristics of vertebrae in ovariectomized rats. [J Med Food. 2010 Dec]
Author: de Almeida Jackix E, Cúneo F, Amaya-Farfan J, de Assunção JV, Quintaes KD.
5. Hydrolyzed collagen improves bone metabolism and biomechanical parameters in ovariectomized mice: an in vitro and in vivo study. [Bone. 2010 Mar]
Author: Guillerminet F, Beaupied H, Fabien-Soulé V, Tomé D, Benhamou CL, Roux C, Blais A.