> Potassium Acetate MSDS
Potassium Acetate MSDS
Potassium Acetate MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Potassium Acetate
- 1.2. Description: Potassium Acetate is a potassium salt of acetic acid manufactured through chemical synthesis.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: C2H3KO2
- 1.4. Molecular weight: 98.14
- 1.5. CAS #: 127-08-2
- 1.6. EINECS #: 204-822-2
- 1.7. Manufactured by: Foodchem International Corporation, Shanghai China.
- 1.8. Supplied by: Foodchem International Corporation, Shanghai China.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as Preservatives
- 2.1. Potassium Acetate: 99.0%-100.5%
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Negative
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Powder
- 3.2. Appearance: white crystal powder
- 3.3. Odor: Odorless
- 3.4. pH: 7.5- 9.0 (5 % SOLUTION)
- 3.5. Melting point/range: 292°C
- 3.6. Boiling point: Not applicable
- 3.7. Bulk density: 1.57 g/cm3
- 3.8. Solubility: Easily soluble in cold water
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 24 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: Thermal decomposition may produce carbon monoxide and dioxide
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: Acids and Strong oxidizing agents
- 5.1. Storage: stored in a cool and dry place and kept away from strong light and heat.
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Avoid handling which leads to dust formation. In common with many organic chemicals, may form flammable dust clouds in air. Avoid skin and eye contact and breathing in dust.
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Use with local exhaust ventilaon.
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Potassium Acetate need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Potassium Acetate is Hazardous in case of ingestion or inhalation. Slightly hazardous in case of eye contact or skin contact.
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause irritation
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause irritation, very low chance for usual industrial handling
- 7.4. Ingestion: May cause digestive tract irritation with abdominal pain, nausea, and vomiting.
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause respiratory tract irritation
- 7.6. Other: Not applicable
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash the affected area with water, remove contaminated clothing and launder before re-use. Seek medical advice if irritation develops or persists.
- 8.3. Ingestion: Rinse mouth thoroughly with water and drink water afterwards.
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure, move to fresh air and seek medical advice immediately.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: May be combustible at high temperature.
- 9.2. Flash point: Not applicable
- 9.3. Ignition control: Avoid ignition sources where Potassium Benzoate dust might be generated
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Water spray, dry chemical, carbon dioxide, or chemical foam
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Potassium Benzoate is fully biodegradable and the products of degradation are more toxic.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. This Safety Data Sheet of Potassium Acetate is based upon a limited review of Foodchem Internation Corporation files and standard Toxicological handbooks. We make no warranty of merchantability or any other warranty, express or implied, with respect to such information, and we assume no liability resulting from its use. Users should make their own investigations to determine the suitability of the information for their particular purposes. In no event shall Foodchem International Corporation be liable for any claims, losses, or damages of any third party or for lost profits or any special, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages, howsoever arising, even if Foodchem International Corporation has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Copyright@2003-2017 All rights reserved Foodchem International Corporation