> Peppermint Oil MSDS
Peppermint Oil MSDS
Peppermint Oil MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Peppermint Oil
- 1.2. Description: Peppermint Oil is a essential oil manufactured through extraction from peppermint.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: Not Applicable
- 1.4. Molecular weight: Not Applicable
- 1.5. CAS #: 8006-90-4
- 1.6. EINECS #: 282-015-4
- 1.7. Manufactured by: Foodchem International Corporation, Shanghai China.
- 1.8. Supplied by: Foodchem International Corporation, Shanghai China.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as aromas & perfumes
- 2.1. Peppermint Oil: Not Applicable
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Negative
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Liquid
- 3.2. Appearance: Slightly Yellow Clear Liquid
- 3.3. Odor: Characteristic
- 3.4. pH: Not available
- 3.5. Melting point/range: Not available
- 3.6. Boiling point: 215 °C
- 3.7. Bulk density: 0.896 - 0.908 g/cm3 @ 25 deg. C
- 3.8. Solubility: Very slightly soluble to insoluble in cold water
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 24 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: Not available
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: Strong acids. Strong bases. oxidizing agents
- 5.1. Storage: Store in a cool and dry place and Keep away from strong light and heat
- 5.2. Handling precaution: performed by personnel trained and familiar with handling of organic chemicals. Avoid skin and eye contact and breathing in dust. Avoid handling which leads to dust formation
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Provide exhaust ventilation or other engineering controls to keep the airborne concentrations of vapors below their respective threshold limit value. Ensure that eyewash stations and safety showers are proximal to the work-station location.
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Peppermint Oil need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Peppermint Oil is Hazardous in case of eye contact (irritant). Slightly hazardous in case of skin contact (irritant), of ingestion, of inhalation.
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause eye irritation.
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause skin irritation.
- 7.4. Ingestion: May irritate the tissues of the mouth, esophagus, and other tissues of the digestive system
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause irritation to the respiratory tract and gastrointestinal
- 7.6. Other: Not Applicable
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash with soap and water. Cover the irritated skin with an emollient.Get medical attention if irritation develops
- 8.3. Ingestion: Do NOT induce vomiting. If conscious and alert, rinse mouth and drink 2-4 cupfuls of milk or water.
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure, move to fresh air and seek medical advice immediately.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: Combustible.
- 9.2. Flash point: CLOSED CUP: 67 C - 71°C (153 F - 159.8°F). OPEN CUP: 75°C (167°F).
- 9.3. Ignition control: Avoid ignition sources where Peppermint Oil vapor might be generated.
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Water spray, dry chemical or carbon dioxide
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Absorb spill with inert material (e.g. vermiculite, sand or earth), then place in suitable container. Clean up spills immediately, observing precautions in the Protective Equipment section.
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Peppermint Oil is fully degradation biodegradable.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. This Safety Data Sheet of Peppermint Oil is based upon a limited review of Foodchem Internation Corporation files and standard Toxicological handbooks. We make no warranty of merchantability or any other warranty, express or implied, with respect to such information, and we assume no liability resulting from its use. Users should make their own investigations to determine the suitability of the information for their particular purposes. In no event shall Foodchem International Corporation be liable for any claims, losses, or damages of any third party or for lost profits or any special, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages, howsoever arising, even if Foodchem International Corporation has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Copyright@2003-2017 All rights reserved Foodchem International Corporation