> Nicotinic Acid MSDS
Nicotinic Acid MSDS
Nicotinic Acid MSDS
1. SUBSTANCE IDENTIFICATION
- 1.1. Product Name: Nicotinic Acid
- 1.2. Description: Nicotinic Acid is a vitamin manufactured through chemical synthesis.
- 1.3. Chemical Formula: C6H5NO2,
- 1.4. Molecular weight: 123.1
- 1.5. CAS #: 59-67-6
- 1.6. EINECS #: 200-441-0
- 1.7. Manufactured by: Foodchem International Corporation, Shanghai China.
- 1.8. Supplied by: Foodchem International Corporation, Shanghai China.
- 1.9. Usage: In food as nutritional supplements
- 2.1. Nicotinic Acid: >99%
- 2.2. Hazardous impurities: Chloride（Cl）,%
3. Physical/Chemical Characteristics
- 3.1. Physical State: Powder
- 3.2. Appearance: ≤0.02% , Loss on drying,%
- 3.3. Odor: Odorless
- 3.4. pH: 2.7 (saturated aq. sol.)
- 3.5. Melting point/range: 234 - 238°C
- 3.6. Boiling point: Not available
- 3.7. Bulk density: 1.473 g cm−3
- 3.8. Solubility: 17 g/l (20°C)
- 4.1. Chemical Stability: Stable under normal temperatures and pressures
- 4.2. Shelf Life: 24 months period
- 4.3. Hazardous decomposition: Carbon oxides (CO, CO2), nitrogen oxides (NO, NO2...), Phosphoxides
- 4.4. Hazardous polymerization: Will not occur
- 4.5. Incompatible with: Incompatible materials, dust generation, excess heat.
- 5.1. Storage: Store in a cool and dry place and Keep away from strong light and heat
- 5.2. Handling precaution: Minimize dust generation and accumulation. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Avoid ingestion and inhalation. Use only in a chemical fume hood.
6. Exposure Control
- 6.1. Engineering Controls: Facilities storing or utilizing this material should be equipped with an eyewash facility and a safety shower. Use
adequate ventilation to keep airborne concentrations low.
- 6.2. Respiratory protection: NIOSH/MSHA or European Standard EN 149 approved respirator
- 6.3. Eye Protection: Protective eyeglasses or chemical safety goggles
- 6.4. Skin Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves and clothes to minimize skin contact.
- 6.5. Other: Consult professionals if Nicotinic Acid need to be handled under some special conditions.
7. Hazards Identification
- 7.1. Hazardous overview: Nicotinic Acid is Causes eye irritation. May cause skin and respiratory tract irritation. Target Organs: Eyes.
- 7.2. Contact with eyes: May cause eye irritation.
- 7.3. Contact with skin: May cause skin irritation.
- 7.4. Ingestion: May irritate the tissues of the mouth, esophagus, and other tissues of the digestive system
- 7.5. Inhalation: May cause irritation to the respiratory tract and gastrointestinal
- 7.6. Other: Not Applicable
8. First Aid Measures
- 8.1. Contact with eyes: Flush immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical advice
- 8.2. Contact with skin: Wash with soap and water. Get medical attention if irritation develops. Cold water may be used
- 8.3. Ingestion: Do not induce vomiting. Get medical aid if irritation or symptoms occur.
- 8.4. Inhalation: Remove from exposure, move to fresh air and seek medical advice immediately.
9. Fire and Explosion Data
- 9.1. General information: May be combustible at high temperature.
- 9.2. Flash point: Not available
- 9.3. Ignition control: Not applicable
- 9.4. Dust control: Keep the handling area with adequate ventilation
- 9.5. Extinguishing Media: Not Applicable
- 9.6. Spills/Leaks: Vacuum or sweep up material and place into a suitable disposal container
10. Transport Information
- 10.1. No special requirements and no restrictions on transportation by land, sea or air.
11. Ecological Information
- 11.1. Vitamin C is fully biodegradable.
12. Other Information
- 12.1. This Safety Data Sheet of Nicotinic Acid is based upon a limited review of Foodchem Internation Corporation files and standard Toxicological handbooks. We make no warranty of merchantability or any other warranty, express or implied, with respect to such information, and we assume no liability resulting from its use. Users should make their own investigations to determine the suitability of the information for their particular purposes. In no event shall Foodchem International Corporation be liable for any claims, losses, or damages of any third party or for lost profits or any special, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages, howsoever arising, even if Foodchem International Corporation has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Copyright@2003-2017 All rights reserved Foodchem International Corporation