No significant side effects reported.
Ingestion of Calcium Formate in large quantity may hurt our health, please follow the guideline of using Calcium Formate: ADI 0-3 mg/kg body weight
Special groups refer to newborns, children, pregnant and any other applicable vulnerable groups.
There is no evidence that Calcium Formate could have any negative effects on these vulnerable groups. It should be safe to use Calcium Formate in food for newborns and pregnant. However, we still recommend consumers to consult professionals before using large quantity of Calcium Formate for long period in food for newborns or pregnant.
Generally recognized as safe(GRAS) is a FDA designation that a specific substance or ingredient is generally considered safe by experts, and so is exempted from the usual Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA) food additive tolerance requirements. Calcium Formate is considered safe by FDA according to existing data and granted GRAS status.
No breaking news or public health crises reported about Calcium Formate reported up to now.
* Want to report news about this ingredient, please send email to email@example.com. Your knowledge can help us to uncover more truthes about food ingredients to customers.
1. Deoxy-liquefaction of switchgrass in supercritical water with calcium formate as an in-situ hydrogen donor. [Bioresour Technol. 2013 Sep]
Author: Ramsurn H, Gupta RB.
2. Time-of-flight secondary ion mass spectrometric identification of calcium formate Ca(HCO2)2 and metabolite of vitamin B6 in human stones. [Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom. 2011 Apr 15]
Author: Ghumman CA, Moutinho AM, Tolstogouzov A, Teodoro OM.
3. Ocular and systemic safety evaluation of calcium formate as a dietary supplement. [J Ocul Pharmacol Ther. 2009 Jun]
Author: Altaweel MM, Hanzlik RP, Ver Hoeve JN, Eells J, Zhang B.
4. Re: The safety of oral calcium formate. [N Z Vet J. 2003 Feb]
Author: Scott DJ, Van Wijk N.